026. thank you for existing

Seungcheol gets back to Mingyu's house, shutting the door behind Joshua when he gets in. Mingyu's the first to go upstairs and Joshua follows, holding Chan's back so he doesn't fall. Seungcheol's still confused how the male fell asleep while swimming around (luckily Junhui caught it or else he would have drowned). Mingyu turns the door to a room, most likely Chan's. He turns on the light abd Seungcheol's surprised at how childish it is for a male of Chan's age.

The room was a sky blue and just like Mingyu's, there was wooden flooring. Seungcheol figures Chan's favorite color is blue from all the furniture; everything was either white or blue. He had a loft bed which Mingyu had struggled to walk up the steps. Mingyu carefully sets his nephew down and covers him. He walks down from the steps and sighs.

"Chan has a very... interesting room." Seungcheol glances at the chalkboard wall which has drawings of dinosaurs. There's a shelf full of action figures and picture. And then a small couch with plushies and cute pillows. Mingyu snickers, "Yeah, he's still a baby at heart."

"Does his mom live here, too?"

"No, she's living in Japan with her husband. Chan only started to live with us a few years ago because he wanted to study Korean more. He said, 'sure, Japan's nice. But do I get to see my loving uncle? No. Who am I supposed to pick on?'. I hate him."

"You don't." Mingyu quietly screams and turns to Seungcheol, taking a hold of his shoulders and shaking him. "I don't! You see all this crap? I bought it all for him! My sister sends me nearly half a million for taking care of him and I always spend like majority of it on him!"

Seungcheol smiles, "aw, you're a nice uncle."

"I know! And you know how he pays me back? He forces me to make chocolate chip pancakes for him and calls me stupid!"

"It's okay, Mingyu. You're only a little more stupid than everyone else." Mingyu screams quietly again and pushes Seungcheol out the room. Seungcheol laughs as Mingyu shuts the door behind him and walks into his own. "Wait? Half a million? Your sister's rich as hell."

"Well... She is a fashion designer and my brother-in-law is a famous chef. Chan comes from a wealthy family, that's why he can travel to Japan as much as he wants. First class, too."

"Is he the only child?" Mingyu shakes his head. "He has a little sister named Rena. She's a year old and looks like her mom." Seungcheol hums. He walks over to the futon Mingyu laid out for him and plops down onto it.

"Hey, why haven't you gone home?" Joshua asks.

Seungcheol looks at him, "why haven't you?"

"Excuse you, my mom encourages me to be here. Apparently I don't leave the house a lot."

"Oh. Well my mom turned out to be homophobic!" Seungcheol shrugs. Mingyu blinks before continuing to put on Wreck-It-Ralph. He hops onto the bed, the lights shut off. He cuddles towards his boyfriend as Seungcheol climbs up to the bed. Before the movie even starts, the door open and the lights switch on.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" The three turn to Chan, a dinosaur plush in one of his hands. "Chan, you're like fourteen." Chan mimics his uncle before shutting the door, turning off the lights and climbing onto the bed. Seungcheol watches as he tries to squeeze himself between Mingyu and Joshua. It's cute.

Barely half way into the movie, Seungcheol hears soft snoring and he looks over. Mingyu and Chan had already fallen asleep and so he carefully goes back down to the futon as Joshua gets up to turn off the movie.

"I didn't think they'd fall asleep that fast." Seungcheol whispers, loud enough for Joshua to hear. "Well, Chan sleeps a lot easier when he's being held and I guess Mingyu just thinks his breathing while he sleeps is soothing." Seungcheol coos and Joshua rolls his eyes. They both say good night to each other, Joshua closing his eyes and Seungcheol rolling over to text Jeonghan.