021. today was fun.

Having a date with your best friend sounds amazing, it really does. Mostly when you know most of his interests. The only weird part is that now, you don't know how to treat him. He is supposed to be your best friend or date? Because those are two different people. And that's the exact problem Choi Seungcheol is having right now. He was seeking advice from Joshua because he feels like Junhui would just say stupid shit. Like he usually does.

For the most part, Joshua gave some good advice. But most of it was off topic anyways or didn't help with what Seungcheol really needed help with. It was somewhat troubling considering Seungcheol's date with Jeonghan was in an hour.

"Joshua, please just answer my question." Seungcheol begs, staring at his closet for something to wear.

"Alright, alright, relax. What would you think Jeonghan would like more? Being treated as a random date or your best friend?"

Seungcheol thinks for a while. Jeonghan's really a hard to please guy, but it would hurt his feelings if he treated him like 'a random date.' Seungcheol sighs, "I don't know..."

"There's no correct answer, Cheol. Just go with the flow, man. Everything will work out. And if Junhui tries to text you, don't answer. He's unimportant right now. I gotta go," the American hangs up without saying bye or even letting Seungcheol reply.

With another sigh, Seungcheol tosses his phone on the bed.

-

An hour has passed and Seungcheol finally has something semi nice on. It's a simple white t-shirt and ripped jeans with a pair of Old School Vans. He grabs his phone, wallet, and house keys before leaving the house. Just as he's about to close the gate to his house, he hears the door to Mingyu's house close. It catches his attention.

"Oh, hey, Hyung!" Mingyu waves. Seungcheol smiles and waves back. "On to your date with Jeonghan?"

"Joshua told you didn't he?"

Mingyu laughs, "Of course he did! See you later!" And the other walks away without even letting Seungcheol say bye.

Seungcheol doesn't think about it much and just makes his way to Jeonghan's house. The walk is a lot longer in Seungcheol's head. Even though he's extremely nervous, he also just wants to get it over with, and he's praying that today ends well. And that he and Jeonghan do become a couple. Because really, he loves Jeonghan with all his heart. When Seungcheol finally looks up from his phone, he realizes he's aleady near Jeonghan's house. He smiles to himself as he runs over to the gate. Just as he's about to text Jeonghan, the gate opens.

"Hi, Ha-

"Wow, even on our date, you look like trash." Seungcheol stares at his best friend in disbelief. He shuts his mouth and just walks away, saying nothing. "I'm kidding, Cheol~" Jeonghan laughs, grabbing the other's hand. Seungcheol turns to his best friend with a pout and Jeonghan does the same. The older's lips curve into a smile and Jeonghan laughs lightly.

The two male walk around the city, pressed close to each other. From time to time, Seungcheol would purposely brush his hand against Jeonghan's or bump him with his shoulder. Jeonghan would respond with a little giggle that made Seungcheol's heart do little flips.

"Seungcheol," Jeonghan whispers just as the two reach a cross walk. The older hums and turns his head to look at the other. "Let me hold your hand,"

Seungcheol was about to nod and grab Jeonghan's hand, but that's not fun, is it? So he just brushed it lightly, putting that same hand into his pocket. Jeonghan looks at him, mouth gaped open. Seungcheol just smiles. He pulls out his hand and before he can do anything else, Jeonghan grabs it.