7 - The Part Where Jade Was Late In Biology Class

Sleep. That's what Perrie wanted right now, because Biology class without Jade Thirlwall is basically tedious. Perrie wondered what took the brunette so long that made her ten minutes late in class.

       It wasn't a surprise to Perrie that the girl would be late in class, Jade's basically one of those girls who are always the chill ones and always go late in classes but would still give you the correct answer to every fucking question—academically speaking. But now that Perrie knows that Jade was with Jed, her stomach knotted with jealousy when she began to think of what they were possibly doing. She probably wanted to spend more time with her stupid boyfie than with me, Perrie thought. Oh, who is she kidding? Jade Thirlwall is the school's hottest yet cutest queen bee. Jade would no doubt have lots of friends to hang out with other than an unknown geek like Perrie.

       Perrie's thoughts ran away when she suddenly heard the door flying open and the whole class looked up from their notebooks, only to find Jade standing—awkwardly yet beautifully—beside the opened door, until she took a step inside the classroom with a smile as bright as the shiny fluorescent lamps hanging on the ceiling. The whole class, especially the boys, smiled back at the beautiful brunette, including Perrie, who seemed to be relieved that Jade didn't skip Biology class.

       "Ms. Thirlwall, may I ask why you are late?" Ms. Parker narrowed her eyes, with her glare fixated at the student who was standing. "Lunch was finished ten minutes ago." The teacher glanced at the wallclock before looking back at Jade with the same death glare. She added, "You do realize you're in deep trouble, right, Ms. Thirlwall?"

Jade's mouth stretched up too much at the edges as she smiles with confidence and nodded. "Of course, Ms. Parker. I do believe I have common sense."

The whole class fell into peals of laughter, but the teacher's mouth was a straight line as she finds no humor in this one.

"Watch your mouth, young lady. You don't wanna end up getting suspended from this school in your last year," Ms. Parker was conspicuously glowering just by the way Jade talked back at her. Perrie understood her teacher, obviously not wanting a student who talks back at you just to get a reaction. Ms. Parker gestured to the seat beside Perrie's and lowly spoke, "Sit beside Edwards."

Perrie could literally hear her neck softly crack as she snapped her head up from her notebook. Perrie darted her eyes at the brunette, who was already holding her gaze at Perrie and Perrie was already on the verge of falling of her chair just because of how intense and intimidating Jade's stare was. And before anything happened, Perrie quickly broke eye contact and stared down at her notebook.

Jade nodded. "Okay."

Her legs sauntered towards the seat where she was ordered to sit and sat down lazily, and Ms. Parker remained standing as she explains what her next lecture is about. But Jade couldn't help but sneak a glance at the blonde beside her. Jade heaved a sigh and faced her body towards Perrie, her right elbow on the table while the other was on the chair.

       "Hi, Edwards."

       Perrie felt stupid when she found herself jumping on her seat, startled. She turned her head to face Jade and gulped before smiling. "Hi, Jade."

       "Did I scare you?" Jade chuckled, her shoulders bouncing softly. For a moment, Perrie thought she was listening to her favorite artist.

"No, you didn't," Perrie replies and clears her throat. Not wanting the comversation to end, Perrie asks, "Why were you late?"

Jade shrugged and grinned. "Jed and I went somewhere."

Perrie wasn't sure if her stomach was deliberarely trying to make all the meals she ate during lunch to climb up her throat and force Perrie to just spew them out, or if it was just a feeling. But either way, Perrie was sure it was because of the girl whom she was talking to. Perrie felt a pang of jealousy roaring inside her, and she just had to keep it in so Jade wouldn't notice.

"Where did you guys go?" Perrie felt like a jealous girlfriend, but she couldn't care less. She was just curious. Everybody gets curious, especially when it comes to their crushes.

       "Now that's a secret, Edwards," Jade flashed the girl a quick wink, not knowing that such a simple gesture could make Perrie giggling like a young girl in the inside.

       "Okay," Perrie sighs, and her lips unknowingly curved into a frown.

"Is there something wrong?" Jade asks with concern. "You seem upset."

"Girls, would you like a little bit of detention?"

Jade rolled her eyes and groaned in vexation as she looks back at the annoying teacher who just ruined such a nice conversation. And Perrie observed how Jade opened her mouth slightly as her tongue grazed her bottom lip before curving the lips' edges into a grin.

       Jade spoke, "Sorry, Miss. It won't happen again."

       "I doubt it," Ms. Parker rolled her eyes and continued her discussion.

Jade smirked as she looked back at Perrie, whose frown was already too conspicuous for anyone to not notice. Jade then wondered if what she said earlier had something to do with Perrie's sudden change of behavior.

"You know you can talk to me, yeah?" Jade tells Perrie.

"Aren't I technically talking to you?" Perrie says as a grin forcefully crept up.

       "You know that's not what I meant."

       "I know."

       Jade sighs, "I just...don't want you to be upset, okay?"

       "I know."

       Jade opened her mouth to speak further but Perrie beat her to it as she heaved a sigh and smiled her best smile at the brunette beside her.

       "You look lovely today. I like your varsity jacket, it suits you. Don't you have training today? You should train so that you'll become fit like your boyfriend," Perrie speaks abruptly.

       Jade arched her eyebrow at the blonde, looking at Perrie with an incredulous look and with skepical eyes holding curiousity within their stares. It doesn't take a genuis to know that Perrie was upset. In fact, Perrie's weird expression says it all.

       "Perrie, are you alright?"

       Perrie widened her eyes and gasps. She gushes, "Woah! That's like the first time you called me by my first name!"

"Perrie," said Jade with a stern voice. "Stop trying to decieve me that you're alright because it doesn't take a smartass to know that you're definitely feeling the opposite. Come on—"

"Is that a hickey on your neck?" Perrie poked her index finger just underneath Jade's jawline, seeing the disturbing dark purple bruise-like form on her tanned skin.

Jade's eyelids stretched up in horror and apprehension. Shit! Jade completely forgot about the stupid hickey that was blatantly on display on her neck. Perrie casted a skeptical eye at the brunette, knowing there's nobody other than a certain someone who could obviously give that to Jade.

Once Jade tried to explain, the schoolbell started to blare inside the classroom. Seeing no point in hearing a stupid excuse, Perrie abruptly stood up and grabbed her sling bag, swinging it on her shoulders and briskly walked out the door before anyone could while Jade was struggling through the traffic.