17 - The Part Where Jade Just Had To Complicate Everything

Perrie changed into her night clothes before sliding into the comfortable sheets of the bed and just clasped her hands behind her head, letting her mind wonder about everything that just happened recently.

Perrie's thoughts then ran back to when Jade kissed her. Jade Thirlwall actually made the first move and kissed Perrie. It was so surreal and the kiss was so fleeting that Perrie was terrified that she might be just overthinking about it when in fact it is just a simple and friendly gesture—an unconventional and radical one to be exact. If Perrie would be totally honest, she thought that Jade might be in some intoxicated state instigated by the pancakes that they just digested earlier because Jade must be out of her mind to even do such gesture.

Perrie felt her apprehension kicking in once again because she thinks that Jade must be in the same position as she was right now except that Jade could be in the state of regretting what just happened just an hour ago in her own car. Jade could be regretting the kiss, she could be regretting even bringing Perrie along or worse, she could be regretting continuing their friendship.

Perrie heaved a sigh and slowly closed her eyes, hoping that tomorrow morning when she wakes up she wouldn't think about it.

~•~•~

Perrie kept thinking about it.

It seems like the taste of Jade's lips had never failed to make its way up to Perrie's head every second because Perrie was afraid that the memory must have been pasted permanently inside her brain and so Perrie could not help but wonder about it every time she spaces out. And what always bothered her is that she doesn't know what Jade is thinking about pertaining to the unexpected action.

Perrie frowned when she looks at her watch. Biology class started fifteen minutes ago and Perrie had yet to see the ombré haired girl. She was starting to think that maybe Jade was aware of her actions last night and decided to avoid the blonde. But Perrie firmly believes that—from the years of being friends with her—Jade wouldn't do such thing unless she has a reason to do it. And so Perrie had made a mental note that once she sees Jade, she would not hesitate to march her way over her and ask about Jade's thoughts because Perrie was becoming desperate to know if what she felt is something that Jade could possibly reciprocate.

Twenty minutes had passed by and Jade has not been in sight and Perrie was honestly becoming worried now. She was continually glancing at the unopened door to check if ever she was just too preoccupied about where Jade is that she hadn't realize that Jade was already standing at the door, but unfortunately she wasn't.

"Jake," Perrie calls out to the guy next to her in the left side, whose dirty blonde hair seemed to be untouched due to its tips pointing at every direction possible and his eyebags are blatantly showing. Perrie wondered if this guy had ever thought about the idea of falling asleep.

Jake lazily turned his head to face the blonde with a lopsided smile and nodded.

"Hi, Perrie."

"Do you know where Jade is?"

Jake raised his eyebrows as he shrugged. His mouth opened widely as he starts to yawn before closing it and shrugged again as he shook his head.

"She's suspended, right?" the guy said questioningly, unsure.

"Jade's suspended?"

Jake nodded. "Yeah, because of last night in the volleyball game. Jade was here this morning, she was called by the principal and I never saw her again after that time. Rumour has it she's been suspended and her parents might force her to transfer school."

"What? Well, that's bullshit," Perrie replies, glaring at the guy beside her who just lamely shrugged and Perrie rolled her eyes at him before looking back at the front once again.

Perrie did not believe the guy, but Jake said it too genuinely that he sounded as if he was actually telling the truth. But even though Perrie already heard the reason, she was still not entirely sure whether or not Jade was still avoiding her because of the incident. Perrie knows little to absolutely nothing about what was going to happen to her and Jade's relationship though she hopes that whatever happens, Jade would still be by Perrie's side, even just as a friend. Because even if it hurts to be friendzoned, it is honestly better to keep her as a friend instead of knowing her as 'somebody who ignored me since that day'.

Perrie sighed and leaned back at her wooden and uncomfortable chair.

"Goodnight, Edwards. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day."

Perrie rolled her eyes at the thought. Ofcourse it's going to be a long day, because Jade Thirlwall wasn't by her side.

~•~•~

Two weeks.

Two fucking weeks had passed by painfully slow in Perrie's opinion and she had absolutely loathed the next day because she was afraid that Jade wouldn't come around again like what happened these past few torturous and excruciating weeks. Perrie knew that Jade has her reasons, but Perrie just wished that Jade would at least... contact her in some sort of way and Perrie would be perfectly fine afterwards; she would feel okay again like before. But it seems like there was no progress and now Perrie finds herself sulking about it in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Have you heard? Jade's back in school from suspension," Jesy says. "They said it was because of the—"

"The volleyball game?" Perrie nodded. "I've heard about it but not quite believing it."

"Well, it's the truth."

"I know."

"Are you alright?" Jesy asks her, her look of concern was evident to Perrie but Perrie chose to ignore it because she didn't need sympathy. All she needed was a friend.

Perrie remained silent, hoping that Jesy had already got the answer and sighed when Jesy acknowledged her with a nod and landed her palm on Perrie's hand.

"Jade didn't inform you about her suspension, did she?"

Perrie shook her head and sighed, "No. She didn't even bother to contact me or at least warn me that she won't be here for two weeks straight."

"Maybe she was just scared that you'll be upset at her," Jesy assumed to which Perrie just rolled her eyes at such assumption.

Perrie knew that Jade was never afraid of telling her the truth and surely Jade wouldn't be remotely afraid of her or anyone for that matter because that would be so unlikely of Jade Thirlwall. And even though Jesy was just making up a speculation, Perrie couldn't help but defend the ombré haired girl from them.

Jesy retreated her hand back and grabbed her drink on the table, taking a few sips before placing it back. She glanced at Perrie.

"How about you and Lauren... how are you guys?"

"She wanted to go on a date again," Perrie says, shrugging nonchalantly as if it was no big deal. "I don't know. I'm just not feeling too great to go out yet."

"Lauren's a nice girl," Jesy comments.

Perrie nodded in agreement. Lauren was in fact a nice person.

"I know that. And I'm sure she'll understand my reasons for not going out with her."

Jesy looked at Perrie curiously, leaning forward on the table.

"And what are your reasons?" she asks.

"Two words: Jade Thirlwall."

And that's when Jesy's phone lights up in the table. Jesy looked at Perrie, evidently shocked and Perrie was staring at her expectantly.

"Speaking of the devil... Jade texted me to tell you to meet her in the café."