12 - The Part Where Jade Feels It But Does Not Know It

Awkward.

What kind of double date requires complete silence? Because as far as Perrie is concerned, double dates are supposed to be fun and not dead and right at this moment, the two pairs just remained seated in their seats with their mouths shut tight as if it was a crime to even open them slightly.

It was unusual. But Perrie didn't even expect any of this to happen, nor did she hope so. But Perrie was a hundred percent sure that the remaining hour inside the café would either consist of them sitting down silently or them talking about basically everything. But seeing the four of them awkwardly shifting on their seats and just looking at anywhere but each other, Perrie was afraid it would be the former.

Then Jed decided to break the unbearable and awkward silence as he clears his throat and looks at the girl beside him with a smile. "So... Lauren, how did you meet Perrie?"

Lauren grinned a little bit and glanced at the blonde in front of her. "Well, we're classmates in Math."

"Oh, that's nice," Jed comments. Then he looked back at Jade in front of him. "Babe, I'm just gonna go buy us coffee?"

"Sure, babe," Jade nods slightly. And Jed took this as a cue to leave and now Lauren, Jade and Perrie are the ones left in the conversation until Jed comes back.

Perrie knew that even when she was looking down at her unfinished sandwich, a familiar pair of eyes were gazing at her and she finally looked up to approve her assumption. And Jade, even if she was caught staring at Perrie, couldn't help avert her eyes' direction from the blonde. But Jade's stare seemed to catch Lauren's attention as the raven-haired girl shifted her position in her seat uncomfortably and cleared her throat.

"Hey, Perrie, uhm, what are you doing tomorrow night?" Lauren asks the blonde, "because I was thinking of hanging out with you again..."

Perrie felt two pairs of eyes watching her every move intently as she gazed at Lauren who was waiting expectantly. Perrie then looked at the girl beside her and was not certain if she had actually saw Jade subtly rolling her eyes. She then looked at Lauren and smiled. "Oh, uhm, sure! I have nothing to do tomorrow, anyways. Where are we going?"

"Oh! You guys should watch my game tomorrow night! We're playing against Stanford High," Jade chimed in, causing both Lauren and Perrie's eyes to dart towards her. But Jade's attention along with her eyes seemed to be stuck on the blonde beside her. "Perrie, you should definitely watch. It'll be fun!"

Perrie gulped, "Oh, uhm-"

Then Lauren cleared her throat, catching the two girls' attention this time. "Perrie and I are going somewhere tomorrow night as you can see... right, Perrie?"

Perrie opens her mouth to speak again then was cut off once again.

"Well, can't that wait? I mean it's your school who's playing tomorrow, you know?" Jade tried to convince, and for some reason she was starting to feel slightly annoyed with the girl now.

"Well, yeah, but we're not even required to watch, anyway," Lauren chuckles, glancing at Perrie then back at Jade, who was now throwing daggers at her.

Jade was about to speak up when Perrie beat her to it and raised her hand up to dismiss their somewhat debate. "Uhm, guys, I think I should also be a part of this conversation, don't you think?"

"Sorry," the two girls said in unison and simultaneously looked at each other and Perrie was indeed sure that she saw the thick and feisty tension hanging in the air between the two girls as she watches them stare in contempt.

"Okay, well, Jade, I'm sorry but Lauren and I are going somewhere and she's right, it's not really required to watch your game, though," Perrie finishes, and smiled at the both of them.