10 - The Part Where Perrie Thinks She Is Doing What Is Right

When Perrie wakes up the next morning, she was becoming annoyed about her alarm clock ringing disturbingly loud, almost to the point that Perrie just wanted to grab a sledgehammer and just smash the batteries out of the stupid machine. And that's when she noticed her own mother leaning against the doorframe, holding a silver tray of breakfast and looking at her daughter with a concerned look.

       "I heard you sniffling last night..." Her mother says. "What happened? Did it happen again?"

       "Nope," Perrie sighs and shrugs. "My crush just so happens to be sold out in the market."

"Are you okay?" Her mother asks once she sat down beside her daughter and silently gasps once she sees her eyebags that seemed to stand out. "What happened, dear? Mind telling your mother on how you got those eyebags sticking out?"

       "I didn't really get enough sleep last night. The last time I slept was probably two hours ago," Perrie shrugs, as if it was a normal routine for her.

       "Yup, I can tell," Her mother points at Perrie's sleepy visage. Perrie's eyes were practically forcing themselves to open though there are times where the other eye just relaxes and close before Perrie was even aware of it. "Sweetie, you need sleep. Every teenager needs sleep."

       "Yeah, but I can't sleep."

       "Then force yourself to sleep."

       "Yeah, as if that could really help my body change its body clock," Perrie rolled her eyes.

"Are you still going to school?"

"Is it okay if I don't?" Perrie asks. And her mother arched an eyebrow, looking at her with disbelief as she folds her arms to her chest.

"Of course not," Her mother replies, and Perrie just had to roll her eyes.

"Why did I even ask that question?" Perrie wondered, and her mother lets out a chuckle as she places the tray with Perrie's breakfast lying on it.

A smile as wide as the width of Perrie's bedroom splashed across Perrie's face as she gladly accepts the tray and pecked her mother's cheek. Her mother smiles at her and gave her a quick hug on the side.

"Eat your breakfast, or your sister will eat it for you."

"Thanks, Mom," Perrie says, and recieves a nod and a soft 'I love you' in response. And Perrie was indeed grateful to have a loving and caring mother like her mom.

       It doesn't take long until all that's left in Perrie's tray was an empty plate and an empty mug with a heart colored in faded red before Perrie wiped the corners of her mouth to get rid of any crumbs.

       Perrie isn't usually like this during school mornings. She usually just grabs any first clothing she sees and wear it like the lazy ass she typically is. However right now, she couldn't stop herself from checking herself out, seeing if what she's wearing somehow could turn some heads in the school's hallway. After her conversation with Jesy yesterday, Perrie knew it would be very petty of her to cry over someone who couldn't even give her the time of day. And so as she breaths in all the confidence and exhale all the anxiety and apprehension, Perrie swiftly whirled her heels around and walks gracefully down the family hall then to the kitchen.

       "Someone must be in revenge mode right now..." Perrie's younger sister, Caitlyn, chuckles as she shoved some cleaned up plates on the upper shelf before turning around and leaning her elbow on the counter to look at the blonde. She smiles, "You look like you have a morbid plan or something. Your smile says it all."