22 - The Part Where Everything Is So Fine And Not So Fine

Jade groaned and lazily swung her arm over her eyes, hoping it was enough for the headache to dissipate but unfortunately it only worsened it. Jade is currently having the worst headache ever, and it's all because of that stupid alcohol. She doesn't even had a clue of what had happened yesterday. All she recalled was the fact that Jed broke up with her and she just needed to forget about it all. But hell does that even work at all.

"Well, you're up early."

Jade moved her arm only to find her dad leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed and a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. For a brief moment, Jade wanted to wipe that smirk of his face but then reminds herself that he is her father and obviously she would be in deep shit if she did so and that is why she remained still, massaging her temples every once in awhile to at least alleviate the pain in her head.

"My head hurts. I don't know what to do."

"You're honestly just like your brother," he comments, and Jade looked at him curiously which only made his smile widen. "You guys drink because of your problems."

"I don't drink."

"Say that to your drunk self yesterday."

"Are you just going to continue being the worst father and tease me or be the best father and give me water?" Jade asks abruptly, rolling her eyes and immediately closed her eyes shut when the headache came back to kill her again.

Her dad shook his head as he disappears into the living room, leaving Jade alone with unanswered questions and staring pensively at the ceiling. She was trying to wrack her brain for any memory from last night but it seems like she drank quite a bit too much and so she mentally scolded herself for being such an irresponsible drinker. She was absolutely terrified because it felt like she was having amnesia and what's worse is that she could be missing something crucial from yesterday. And God knows what she could be missing out on.

"Alright, drink this," her dad says as he enters the room, sitting down on the edge of Jade's bed.

In his hand he clutches a glass of water which he gladly gave to Jade and Jade immediately took it, drinking all the water in just one drink before giving the glass back. Her father looked at her weirdly.

"You should be thankful this Perrie girl dropped by last morning. God knows how drunk you were. Last time you slept was yesterday afternoon," he says.

Jade darted a look at her dad. Was she hearing it right?

"Perrie was here yesterday?"

"Yeah. She took care of you."

"Really? Is she here?"

"No. Once I got home, Perrie was gone. You didn't do anything stupid, did you?"

"God, I hope not."

Jade's dad rolled his eyes and shook his head in disappointment as he abruptly stood up with the empty glass in his hand. He stares at his daughter in disapproval and in worry.

"Today is a Monday. And you're not suspended anymore. So that means you need to hurry up and take a quick shower because I have work and I need to bring you to school."

Jade jolted her body forward as she looks at her father with an incredulous look.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, I am. Jade Amelia Thirlwall, whether you like it or not, you are going to school and--if possible--you are going to apologize to that Perrie girl for your intolerable behavior. Do you understand?"

Jade groaned and fell back on her bed once again, not in the mood to answer the question though it sounded like an order instead of a permission and the fact that her dad narrowed his eyes at her totally gave it away. Jade dreaded the idea of even showing herself to Perrie especially after yesterday which she couldn't even force herself to remember. And it frustrated her. She just wished that whatever she did or whatever word she said, wouldn't be worth embarassed about.