23 - The Part Where Questions Remain Unanswered... As Always.

Both girls sat on their seats as silence accompanied them for a good 5 minutes before their orders were being placed in front of them. Nothing aside from glances had been exchanged by the both of them for they are too engrossed with their meals in front of them. Jade did try to make a short conversation with Perrie, asking about how difficult the lesson is in Biology only to be answered by a lame "very" from the other girl and that was it. After that quite uninteresting conversation, silence had once again joined them both.

"So what did your dad say about what happened yesterday?" Perrie asks eventually, taking a bite of her pancake as she watches Jade eating hers.

Jade shrugged and shook her head.

"Apparently, he told me to apologize to you about yesterday."

"He wasn't mad? Or disappointed?"

"Nope," Jade replies, popping the 'p'.

Perrie nodded understandingly.

"Alright, then."

Silence once again. Perrie heaved a sigh before looking down at her drink, not aware of the fact that Jade took this opportunity to study Perrie's facial features.

Perrie really was pretty, Jade thought. No matter what style her hair is, no matter what eyewear the blonde is wearing, Jade knows that Perrie will still remain wonderful as always.

Jade is feeling it again. The unfamiliar yet familiar feeling that made her feel different around the blonde; that made Perrie suddenly become someone very close to Jade's heart. Jade couldn't pinpoint the reason why Perrie was like that to her; why Perrie suddenly became Jade's number one person that plagued Jade's brain whenever she wakes up and whenever she falls asleep. And Jade was thinking that if she couldn't find the answer to it, maybe there was really no correct answer to it, that maybe the question occupying Jade's thoughts couldn't be answered and instead should be treated like a rhetorical question. But Jade had been raised in a family that believes that all questions have specific and clear answers and that encompasses Jade's unanswered question. But if that's the case then how come until now, Jade's question seemed to remain unanswered? How come until now she couldn't fathom what she's feeling towards her?

Jade shook her head, not knowing where all these nonsensible thoughts came from and quickly looked down at her pancake, that was already left with a piece of it. She stabbed the pancake and shoved it in her mouth, nodding at the delectable taste of the food before grabbing her drink to take a sip, eyeing the girl in front of her over the rim of her glass.

Perrie seemed to notice the gaze of the ombré haired girl and looked up to meet her eyes. She tilted her head, a smirk tugging at the corner of her lips as she stares back at Jade with amused eyes.

"Why are you staring at me?"

Jade nodded and placed her glass back on the table.

"I don't know."

"You don't know why you're staring at me?"

Jade shrugged and shook her head. Her eyes never left Perrie's visage despite her being caught.

"I don't know."

Perrie raised a disbelieving eyebrow at the girl, realizing that there is never a day where Jade Thirlwall didn't baffle her. Because Jade Thirlwall is an enigma to her and what frustrated her is that she couldn't do anything about it, let alone even guess what's running around the girl's mind.

Perrie peered down at her cola drink. She swirled her drink around with her straw, smiling like a kid as she sees a mini whirlwind inside the glass.