EPILOGUE - The Part Where Perrie Says, "Sorry, But I'm Taken."

"Okay, did you bring the flowers?"

Jade's feet went to an abrupt stop as she glared at the curly headed girl who had stopped to look back at her as well. Jade held her hand in the air, showing Leigh the bouquet of roses she's apparently holding; giving the girl a 'duh' expression.

"I believe these are flowers, Leigh," Jade tells her, as if the answer is obviously there yet Leigh just had to be stupid. "Does that answer your question?"

"I'm helping you, Jade. Isn't that enough?" Leigh scoffs, placing her hand on her chest as she feigns hurt.

Jade smiled and shook her head as she falls back into step with Leigh.

Valentine's Day is one of the holidays Jade was glad she has no classes in, otherwise her plan that she had came up with ever since graduation would be a total waste of time. Jade and her dad would be visiting their hometown once again, much to Jade's delight because she is finally going to see Perrie. After graduation, Jade swore to herself to come back for the blonde, and would try to pursue her again even after what happened. Both girls stayed in touch despite the seperation, they would always find time to at least message the other or call each other, but they made sure they used their time well; that's exactly what they did. There was never a day where Jade didn't remind Perrie about her promise of staying single. In fact, Jade would sometimes insinuate on who she wants as her Valentine and Perrie being the adorably oblivious person she is, she questioned who the person was but hell Jade did not want to tell her at all. Jade would always tell her that she'll find out on Valentine's day itself, but Perrie just thinks that the girl is just playing around again.

It's Valentine's day today.

Jade dreaded this day but at the same time she was excited because today marks the day where Jade will just do what she has to do, needs to do. Perrie had promised her that she would try to stay single until Valentine's day and Jade hopes that nobody would pursue her blonde friend. But Perrie hangs out with different guys and girls in her school--at least that's what she heard from Jesy, and Jade was worried that the blonde might find at least one of them captivating. Leigh had been all out encouraging and supporting Jade; reassuring the girl that Perrie wasn't ready to move on with the next level which is going out and dating. But it seemed to be futile now because Jade is already starting to have second thoughts about confessing again, until now.

"Alright, Jade Thirlwall, are you ready to rock Perrie's world?"

Jade turned to look at Leigh with her mouth in a straight line. "That sounds wrong."

"You know that's not what I meant."

Jade cringed. "God I hope not."

Leigh smiled and placed both of her hands on Jade's shoulders, looking at the girl straight in the eyes. Jade could tell that the afro girl is so stoked.

"Jade Thirlwall, I am so proud of you," Leigh says dramatically, smiling so wide that her eyes couldn't be seen anymore and Jade just had to giggle at that one.

"I'm nervous," Jade says.

"That's because this is the first time you'll get to ask someone out," Leigh says bluntly.

"What if she says 'no'? What if she likes someone already?"

"She does like someone," Leigh says matter-of-factly. And Jade was about to open her mouth to ask when Leigh beat her to it. "And if you're wanting to ask who that someone is, that someone is you."

Jade wanted to believe her friend so badly, wanted to believe what Leigh said, that Perrie did not change her mind about her promise to Jade. But the apprehension kicking in is probably on the verge of governing her whole being and her nerves are blowing up already. As they steer on their left on the corner, Jade suddenly halted and Leigh, curious at her best friend's sudden action, followed her as she stares at her inquisitively.