13 - The Part Where Jade Asks A Personal Question

JESY COULDN'T STOP GUSHING. And Perrie was currently on the stage where she actually regretted being best friends with this eccentric girl. She had suddenly scolded herself for even forgetting to bring her earplugs because having a best friend like Jesy Nelson is like having a hungry parrot, especially when she hears an intriguing news. Perrie was actually feeling quite embarassed for Jesy, because the girl was literally screaming throughout the whole canteen and now people are staring weirdly at the both of them which caused Perrie's cheeks to blush madly with mortification.

"Pez, you have to ask her out this time, I swear! I mean, damn girl! She's fucking fine as fuck!" Jesy shakes Perrie's shoulder too violently now and Perrie just had to roll her eyes and try to shake it off. It's been a long time since Perrie had a hot date, don't blame Jesy for being such a fangirl for her best friend.

"Oh my God, Jessica Nelson, you are actually killing my shoulder right now!" Perrie exaggerates as she dramatically shrugs Jesy's hand off her shoulder and flips her hair as if she was acting. She glares at Jesy over her shoulder. "My shoulder is broken now."

Jesy rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Oh, please, Perrie Louise. I could barely even feel your bones."

"Are you implying I'm fat?" Perrie scoffed, and Jesy lets out a laugh and nods.

"Precisely."

"Fuck you."

Jesy gazed at her friend in absolute amusement and sighed as she wrapped her arm around Perrie's shoulder. "I'm happy for you, you have no idea."

Perrie let out a sigh of content and smiles softly. With a nod she spoke, "Just like you said the other day, Jes. If I couldn't find someone better, at least I tried." And Perrie moved her body so she could engulf the older girl with a quick embrace before pulling away to see a bright and contagious smile pasted on Jesy's face.

"Now can you help with my homework? I mean, you kind of promised to help me if I tell you what Lauren told me awhile ago," Perrie reminds her best friend, who-by the evident look of disgust written on her face-seemed to immediately regret even making that kind of promise.

"Damn. I thought you forgot about that..."

~•~•~

"Fuck," Jade muttered as she wipes the disgusting sweat on her forehead before walking towards the basket to get another volleyball. She raised her arm up and spanked the ball, and grunted loudly when she saw it hit the net for probably the tenth time today.

Jade felt weird.

It seems like her anger had just appeared out of nowhere after her double date with Perrie and Lauren. Because for some reason, Jade was beginning to feel unfamiliar yet familiar feelings inside her. And she was terrified because of it. She knew she had felt this before, more like recently actually. It seems like she had felt this even with Jed, though despite the all familiar lit up flame burning and all the planned murders inside her head for the people who got in her nerves, Jade had never felt this... bothered by anyone before.

For some reason, Jade felt threatened by this Lauren girl. It's as if this girl could literally take everything Jade has and Jade would be left with nothing but herself. And Jade has this quality of keeping and protecting what's hers.

"Thirlwall!"

Jade's neck cracked a little bit as she snaps her head to check who called her. Jade rolled her eyes as she crosses her arms over her chest, as she watches Camila practically sprinting towards her. Jade held back a laugh as she sees how childish Camila runs.

"What do you want, Cabello?" Jade demands, walking to get the thrown volleybal from the other court, assuming Camila was trailing behind.

"Well, Coach told me to tell you that our training would be until five 'cause he wanted us to rest a little bit longer before tomorrow's game."

Jade grunted lowly as she rolls her eyes. "Really? Wow. Merely thirty minutes were fucking deducted," she complained as she threw the ball up in the air before spanking it across the net once again and she growls.

"I know," Camila sighs, "it seems like Coach really wanted us to suffer yet at the same time relax, too."

Jade turns to Camila with an incredulous look. She chuckled humorlessly, "I fucking doubt it. Tell me, since when did Coach even think about us? He just wanted to have a reputation of a champion."

"Well, yeah but who doesn't, right? I mean I'm pretty sure you wanted to be a champion. I, myself, wanted to be a champion. So..." Camila shrugs and gives Jade an expectant look, and Jade lets out a low and husky sound as she facepalms herself.

"Damn it, why are you always right?" Jade wondered as her eyes glare playfully at the other brunette, whose expression manifests amusement from her slightly frustrated teammate.

"Thanks," Camila chuckles. She then looked at Jade with a smile. "Can I try?"

Without a word, Jade's smile reached up to her ears as she willingly handed the volleyball to her teammate. And Camila threw the ball in the air as she swung her hand back and spank the ball and the two girls watched how it flew over the net onto the other side of the court.

Jade turned to face Camila, cogitating whether or not she should just ask this question that has been roaming around her head or if she should just let this go-though she couldn't. And so with self-confidence, Jade asks, "Isn't Lauren your ex?"

For a moment, Jade actually thought she was crossing an imaginary 'do not cross' line because she was somehow horrified by the sight of Camila's eyelids stretching up as if she was agitated or annoyed of being asked by that question again. Though hearing a giggle from the other girl in return was all she needed to calm her angst.

"Well, yeah," Camila replies. "Lauren's my ex. Why are you asking?"

Jade lamely shrugged and shakes her head. "Nothing."