24 - The Part Where Jealousy Results To Impulsive Actions

Awkward.

It was awkward once again and Perrie remembered being seated in the same spot with Lauren in front of her and Jade on her right side. She remembered catching Lauren and Jade staring at each other in contempt and was actually not surprised to see them doing it once again right now because she always knew that they both have a dislike of one another. The familiar thick and feisty tension surrounds the three of them and Perrie is desperately seeking for any topic of conversation just so the awkwardness would go away.

She opened her mouth to speak up when Lauren beat her to it.

"So, Jade, you didn't tell me you were coming with us," she says, glancing at Perrie before looking back at Jade again.

Jade merely shrugged and took a glimpse of her steaming cup of coffee in-between both of her palms. She tilted her head up and looked back at Lauren's inquisitive green eyes and smiled.

"Is that a problem?"

"Uhm, of course not," Lauren replies hesitantly, taken aback by Jade's retort. "I was just wondering why Jed wasn't with you anymore... until I heard a rumor that you guys broke up."

It seems that the tables have been turned and now Jade was the one taken aback with what Lauren said. Jade was desperately trying to hold up her laid-back facade but it seems like Lauren was already starting to rip it out and so she tries her best to search for appropriate words to say to her.

"Rumors aren't rumors if they're true, Jauregui," Jade nodded sharply, insinuatingly confirming Lauren's assumption.

"Mind telling me the reason why?"

"It's personal," Jade deadpanned, not really caring if she sounded a little bit curt.

"I can see that. It didn't really surprise me that you aren't mourning about it. You seem pretty fine to me," Lauren laughed.

Jade had tried her best to resist the urge to roll her eyes but she did it successfully anyway.

"I guess it's safe to say that I've moved on."

Lauren nodded understandingly, looking pretty unconvinced but Jade was glad that the raven haired girl didn't push anymore buttons from her. Jade resumed drinking her cup of coffee and Lauren took a bite of her sandwich. Perrie on the other hand remained silent as the conversation falls, leaving her to cogitate about what Jade had said just a few seconds ago. Unfortunately for Perrie, intoxicated Jade had just told her the reason of why Jed broke up with her which surprisingly involves herself but until Jade confirms it, Perrie won't say a word to anyone.

"So, Perrie, do you have anything to do tonight?" Lauren asks as she turns her head to the blonde's direction with a lopsided smile plastered on her face. And it was Jade's turn to awkwardly watch the pair's interaction once again.

Perrie could practically feel Jade's stare burning through her as Lauren stares at her expectantly. Her fingers were subtly fidgetting and so she clasped both of her hands together and laid them on the small-rounded table. And in this time Perrie knew that whatever she said, different reactions would be manifested from either Lauren or Jade and so Perrie took her time to contemplate about Lauren's easy yet at the same time difficult question.

"I'm not sure yet. But I'll tell you immediately if there's a change of plans or anything, yeah?"

Lauren smiled and Perrie gladly reciprocated whilst Jade had been probably sulking about it in awhile, rolling her eyes at the process and thankfully neither Perrie nor Lauren had noticed it.

The two girls carried on with their conversation, and Jade was just left staring at her hands which are palming her probably cold cup of coffee. She plugged herself inside her own world and tried not to listen to what Perrie and Lauren are saying. As far as she's concerned, the pair might just be talking about what they would do tonight and Jade just didn't want to know about it, let alone even care about it.