18 - The Part Where Perrie Was Now Sure About What Happened

And that is how Perrie finds herself nervously pushing open the door of McDonald's Café and searching the room for Jade, unsure of what would happen. She soon spotted the ombré hair that belonged to nobody but Jade, who was sprawled across one of the arm chairs, her arm thrown over her eyes so as to block the sunlight and a plate of sandwich and a steaming cup of coffee in front of her.

Perrie shook her head and slowly and hesitantly walked her way towards her.

"Aren't you going to eat your food?" Perrie asks, sitting down as she stares at Jade.

Jade moved her arm up slightly, looking at Perrie for a brief moment as if she was surprised to see her before covering her eyes once more.

"The sandwich isn't for me, it's for you. But the coffee is mine."

"Are you tired?"

Jade raised her other hand up, not bothering to look at the blonde as she gives Perrie a thumbs up and nods.

"Bingo."

Perrie eyed the girl, seeming a little bit bewildered. She expected it to be awkward between the two of them, that Jade wouldn't be comfortable in talking to her anymore, that Jade would try to act like nothing happened. But seeing how casual and laid-back Jade was, it was as if it didn't even happen at all and Perrie was starting to believe that her delusional head was playing with her again because there was no tone of embarassment and anger in Jade's voice.

Perrie glanced down at Jade's beverage before looking up at Jade again.

"You didn't get me a cup of coffee?" Perrie asks, sounding as if to tease Jade but it seemed like Jade took it seriously because Jade moved her arm up once again to look at Perrie with a serious expression.

"You needed coffee?" Jade asks. She slowly lifted herself up from the chair as she glanced at Perrie. "Hold on. I'll buy you one-"

"No, Jade, it's fine," Perrie cuts her off, shaking her head and dismissively waving her hand. And Jade sat down on her seat almost immediately, surprised. "I'll just buy myself one. You don't have to do it for me."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's fine," Perrie replied, smiling reassuringly at her.

Perrie watches Jade out of the corner of her eyes as she queues. The ombré haired girl was sipping from her coffee before leaning back again, resuming to her previous position. Perrie grinned like an idiot because Jade was too adorable. Though she was curious why the girl would suddenly be fatigued when in fact she had two weeks of suspension which obviously means two weeks of rest, but Jade looked like as if she was working her ass of for something.

Perrie grabbed her cup of coffee as she smiled at the barista and walked back to her and Jade's table, looking at Jade with amused eyes because Jade seemed to be in her own world as she stares blankly at Perrie's sandwich.

"Are you eye-fucking my sandwich?" Perrie asks teasingly, cutting Jade's thoughts as the girl fixated her stare at the blonde while she shook her head.

"You better eat your sandwich. Or I'll eat it for you," Jade warned her.

"And somehow I'm thinking of two possible meanings of your statement."

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Edwards. I don't wanna fuck your sandwich. That's gross."

"In my defence, you were very equivocal with your words."

"Oh, please. Edwards, don't ruin my day with your incomprehensible words. My mind couldn't take it anymore."

Perrie lets out a giggle, amused with Jade's blunt reply, and somehow she realized that she was missing it too. It seemed like these past two weeks of missing the queen bee had now come to an end and Perrie was glad to see Jade's face again despite the anxiety and apprehension of what could happen to them.