14 - The Part Where There's Been A "Slight" Change Of Plans

"Remind me again on why you just had to call me when I was about to sleep?" Jesy sarcastically asks, bending down to pick up the thrown clothes and stacking them up on Perrie's bed.

Perrie was getting anxious and does not know what to do. Her date with Lauren starts in six-thirty and it's already quarter to six in her clock. Perrie hated the image of a messy bedroom but right now her bedroom looks like absolute trash from all the clothes that she threw on the floor as if her bedroom was never even a bedroom in the first place.

Perrie took a quick glimpse at the older girl before going back to fishing for clothes in her closet. "Because Caitlyn just had to be a bad girl in school and decide to have detention with an additional parent-teacher conference and so I am left with no sister and a parent to assess my appearance."

Jesy rolled her eyes. "Right. Thanks for the reminder because I hate you ten times more now. Did Lauren even said anything about what you're going to wear or something?"

Perrie shakes her head in response and continued to search for more in the closet. "Lauren only told me to wear something casual and--Aha! Why not you little miss Red Riding Hood?" Perrie grabbed the hanger of the clothing and placed it closely in front of her chest as she spins around to face Jesy. "Jes, what do you think of this one?"

Jesy has her index finger tapping repeatedly on her chin, making an erratic humming sound that sounded annoying in Perrie's ears though the blonde did not complain as she waits for the girl's response. Jesy smiles widely and striked her hands over and over as she applauds. Perrie looked at her weirdly for a second until Jesy nods her head. "Now that, my friend, is what you call 'perfection'. To be frank, I couldn't accept the fact that red actually looks good on you and not on me."

Perrie snorted. "Red looks absolutely gorgeous on you, Jes. Don't be ridiculous."

"Oh, please. I look like a fucking sadist."

"You don't like that? I thought you wanted people to see you as 'intimidating' or 'mysterious' whatever you call it," Perrie teased as she shuts her closet before grabbing the red hoodie jacket again to fit it.

"Yeah, but not as a fucking murderer. And I swear if I wear that hoodie, even you would think I'm the wife of Satan and one of Lucifer's slutty mistresses."

Perrie looked at her with a smirk. "Well, now that you said it..." Perrie's words were cut short when Jesy's eyes flared playfully at her and a finger was held in front of Perrie's face. Perrie smiles goofily and opens her mouth to speak further but Jesy beat her to it.

"Don't even," Jesy warned the blonde. She shakes her head slowly as if she was trying to scare her best friend. Her eyeballs almost bulging out as she widens them to its maximum and Perrie was trying her best to stifle a laugh. "I will kill you, Perrie."

Perrie clutched her chest and scoffed, "Said the girl who never wanted to be a murderer."

It was already ten minutes before six-thirty when Perrie decided that her maroon hoodie jacket, light-washed jeans and no make-up style would be alright and now all she has to do is wait for her date to pick her up whilst Jesy was taking a quick nap in Perrie's bedroom.

Perrie felt her stomach churning weirdly and her anxiety kicking in. It seems like the idea of her going back to the dating world sounded like a terrible idea. Though she has nothing to worry about because Lauren looked like the kind of girl who doesn't assess a girl by her appearance or demeanor, Perrie still has this feeling that what she's wearing didn't seem too alluring. But then again, Lauren was the one who told her to wear "anything casual" and so Perrie just hoped that this wasn't too casual.

And that's when she heard her doorbell ring and she quickly stood up to grab the door. Perrie's pale hands were shaking and numb as if she was holding an ice cube for so long and she struggled to twist the doorknob.

Perrie had her eyes gazing at Lauren's outfit as if it was the first attractive thing her eyes had seen for today. Perrie swallowed a little chunk in her throat and nodded. "So... uhm, is my outfit alright?"

"I was worried you would wear like a dress or something because we won't be going to Coldplay's concert today due to the change of schedule," Lauren informed sadly, her eyes looking down at the floor before looking back up to meet Perrie's gaze with newfound confidence. She smiles brightly, "And that's why we're going to watch a volleyball match!"

Perrie stared at her. "A volley--what now?"

Lauren clapped her hands twice, her smile reaching up to her ears. "We're gonna watch a volleyball match."

"O...kay? May I ask why out of all the possible places we could have a date in you decided to have it in a volleyball game?" Perrie curiously asks with a raised eyebrow as she waits expectantly for the green-eyed girl.

Perrie was not quite sure if she just saw how Lauren quietly gulped in nervousness or if it's just some weird yet adorable habit of the girl. But either way she decided to let it be for now.

Lauren recovered her composure and shrugged nonchalantly. "Camila invited me and since Coldplay won't be playing tonight, why not have a date with you inside our own school, right? I mean it's still a date I wouldn't want to delay..."

"Who's Camila--"

"A friend of mine," Lauren answered immediately, catching Perrie in surprise as her eyebrows rose in astonishment and slight curiousity. Lauren seemed to be aware of this and so she straightened her back and cleared her throat, cleaning the awkward ten-second silence and grins. She nods, her eyes never leaving Perrie's gaze. "Yeah, Camila's just a friend of mine."

Perrie sinked her teeth in her bottom lip to prevent the lip from falling down just like what happened when Lauren asked her out yesterday. Her lips stretched up into a small smile though not as adequate as her usual smile usually was, and nodded once. "Alright, then. I have a feeling if we remain standing here, we would certainly miss the game and it would be a waste of time so we have to go now."

Lauren smirked. "I don't mind wasting my time... but okay!"