25 - The Part Where Perrie Confronted Jade

Perrie has her fingertips tracing along every line that Jade's lips had covered. Her back was still against the wall, her breathing was finally going at its steady and even pace. The image of Jade's brown eyes, darkened by lust and pleasure was still stuck in her head and so is the taste of Jade's thin-lined and smooth lips. The way Jade's lips aggressively hovered over her own and how vigorous and full of energy Jade was once she pushed Perrie against the wall. But the image of Jade's eyes holding such a strong regretful gaze had made its way to Perrie's mind, too.

Jade regretted it, Perrie was sure about that. She regretted it and decided to leave the blonde behind and what hurts is that Perrie was left not only alone but with a wave of guilt splashing through her too.

Perrie nearly blamed herself for what happened a few minutes ago, she blamed herself for not keeping her mouth shut and scolded herself because of that. Maybe if she just stayed silent like usual then she wouldn't have to push Jade's buttons and Jade wouldn't do such impulsive and unanticipated actions. Maybe if she didn't follow the girl then all this wouldn't have happened and Jade, Lauren, and herself would still stay in the same spot right there in their table; everything will be alright like before.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Lauren questioned the blonde as Perrie slowly sat down on her seat without a word given to the raven haired girl. Lauren frowned. "Jade stormed past our table and left... she looked angry."

Perrie darted a look at Lauren once she heard the words. Well, she wasn't that surprised to hear that considering Jade just literally stormed off the room, leaving the blonde with confusing thoughts and assumptions. She shrugged it off and gave Lauren a small smile.

"She just had to do something, that's all." Perrie's voice was soft and gentle and unsure, and she frowned because it sounded as if she was convincing herself other than the raven haired girl in front of her.

"Okay. Do you wanna get out of here? Lunch is almost over," she says.

Perrie thought about it for a brief moment before she nodded.

"Yeah, sure."

~•~•~

Is Jade actually doing this? Yes, she is.

Jade does not know what possessed her to brush past her assigned chair beside the blonde and instead sat down on the seat beside her own chair but her seatmate is absent so there is nobody who could demand her to go back. She knows that Perrie would inevitably question on why she was not sitting on her assigned seat and probably ask her what's wrong but honestly, Jade just didn't want to talk to anyone right now, especially the blonde haired girl; especially after all the confusing things that just happened these past few days and just a few minutes ago. And stupidly, Jade thinks that this is a way to escape, that this is a way to avoid the blonde in a hopefully non-heartbreaking way.

But she was wrong.

Because what's heartbreaking is that once she sat down, Perrie was already at the door staring at her shockingly. Jade could notice the hurt and bafflement that flashed through Perrie's eyes once they landed on her and Jade just couldn't look at her any longer as she felt a pang of guilt.

Jade timidly looked back down on her notebook which apparently had no notes in it, not even a single doodle drawn on it. Jade just used this excuse to contemplate about anything. Perhaps if she just pretend to write something or at least anything, maybe Perrie would think that she was busy and wouldn't bother her--not that she ever bothered the girl once before. But Jade just figured that Perrie might think that Jade needed space and so she pulled out a pen from her right pocket, her eyes glancing at the blonde who was now walking towards her direction. Jade quickly looked away and immediately shoved her pen on the blank paper, occasionally glancing at the blonde as she randomly scribble some drawings on her notebook.