19 - The Part Where Jade Needed Perrie... For A Different Reason

There are a lot of things that Jade wanted to do right now. She wanted to go home, she wanted to check on Jed, and she wanted to avoid Perrie. And she was sure that the third would be very difficult considering she knows that Perrie could be very persistent.

Jade felt like hyperventilating inside her car. She felt like as if all the oxygen had just left her respiratory system and all she could depend on is the vehicle's airconditioner which couldn't really scientifically do any good for her lungs.

Jade needed to talk to somebody, but it seems like her choices are sadly limited. She couldn't talk to Leigh about the kiss, knowing that Leigh is a talkative person and wouldn't know how to shut her mouth if someone asks her what's going on. She couldn't talk to Jed, obviously, because he's her fucking boyfriend. But she couldn't also talk to Perrie about the incident because... it's Perrie. And Jade felt mortified because she just basically left the blonde behind after what happened; it would be very idiotic of her to even message Perrie out of the blue just to talk about it.

Jade groaned and buried her head on her hands as she leaned on her steering wheel. She couldn't believe what was happening. She was unable to believe that just when she was about to feel satisfied with her life, that's when things started to go downhill and dragged her on the state where regrets are being held and apprehension is already washing over Jade's body. And what's worse is that Jade was starting to regret it all.

"Were you in school?" Jade's dad asked her once she set foot of the kitchen.

"I just wanted to visit a friend of mine," Jade replies as she grabbed a pitcher of water from the refrigerator and a glass from the counter top, pouring herself a drink as she tries to ignore the burning stare of curiousity from her dad.

Jade's dad crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"And who is that 'friend'?"

"Uhm, a friend, obviously. Perrie's her name. She's just a friend from school."

Jade's dad casted a skeptical eye at the girl, wondering why Jade was being ambiguous but Jade just didn't have the guts to clarify about what she said because her thoughts were being preoccupied about a certain blondie and a certain incident. Perhaps if Jade just played it cool and pretended that she was telling the truth-which technically she was-then maybe her dad would be convinced. And seeing her dad nodding understandingly, Jade heaved a sigh and began to drink from her glass.

"By the way, Jade. Your boyfriend called home a few minutes ago before you arrived. He said he wanted to talk to you about something."

After hearing this, Jade stopped what she was doing and darted her eyes at her dad.

"Jed called home... but he didn't call me?"

"Sweetie, I hope you haven't forgotten that your phone is inside your purse, which is inside your room, which is inside the house."

Jade rolled her eyes and huffed. Of course Jed would have to call her and ask for a serious talk because Jade didn't get to talk to her boyfriend for a long time now and so Jade is getting worried for what they would be talking about.

"I'm gonna go upstairs."

Her dad nodded and looked at his daughter weirdly.

"Sure... Say 'hi' to your Jeddy-boy for me, yeah?"

Jade rolled her eyes and cringed at the mention of her dad's nickname for the guy and proceeded to go upstairs.

"Got it."

~•~•~

"Perrie Louise Edwards!"

Perrie practically choked herself from her coffee early in the morning when Jesy's voice startled her. She immediately cleaned herself up with her napkin and gently tapped it on her chin to remove the excess liquid that was certainly mixed up with her saliva and then tapped it on her shirt. Perrie was thankful that her shirt is a darker shade of brown and so the spilled drink wasn't really conspicuous.