26 - The Part Where A Promise Has Been Made

Who knew that in 1 month, everything has completely changed? Who knew that in 1 month, Camila and Lauren are finally back together and Perrie had realized that they were exes before? Who knew that in 1 month, Perrie's best friend, Jesy, had finally found a girlfriend who was apparently Jade's best friend, Leigh? Who knew that in 1 month, when Mckinley High's seniors have already graduated, Jade and Perrie won't be able to see each other again all because Jade won't be able to study in the school anymore? All this had happened in 1 month.

After the night when Jade and Perrie had a confrontation that had turned into a regretful argument, it was unequivocal that Jade and Perrie's friendship had been officially over. Sadly both girls never talked again since that night; Jesy and Leigh were having problems with both of their best friends. Jesy tried forcing Perrie to at least greet Jade one time when she and the blonde went out to fetch Leigh from her house in which coincidentally for Perrie, Jade seemed to be chilling in. But obviously Perrie had to decline and told the brunette that she would be staying in Jesy's car for "personal" reasons. Leigh on the other hand had convinced Jade that Perrie and Jesy would be coming over and Jade was stoked about it as she went along, only to recieve the news that Perrie is busy. Both Leigh and Jesy have decided that Perrie was the one not making any effort to save their friendship whilst Jade is basically doing whatever it takes to revive it. It was a month later when Jade told the pair that she would be moving out of town the next day after graduation, and it was then Leigh had a plan in her mind.

"Jade will be moving out of town this year after graduation," Leigh tells the blonde as she locks arms with Jesy, gazing at Perrie who seemed to be in deep thought.

Perrie nodded, not bothering to think about that because it would inevitably hurt her chest if she did so. She knew that Jade's leaving town and would probably stay there forever, leaving Perrie with nothing but a pain in her everything. Perrie knows that she shouldn't do it, but hell she even counted the times Jade had smiled at her but she stupidly didn't smile back. She counted the days; how the whole 31 days, 5 weeks, 1 month without talking to Jade had felt like someone's condemning her, torturing her because Perrie believes that 'karma' is chasing her now.

Both Jesy and Leigh frowned at Perrie doing absolutely nothing but playing with her food. They were both worried for the blonde, afraid of the thought that this might be the start of depression for the girl.

"Perrie, aren't you going to... I don't know, congratulate her or something? I mean, after everything that has happened, you and Jade still have your friendship history."

"I'm sure Jade could easily move on from whatever we had," Perrie muttered. She frowned at her despondent tone, wishing to sound confident and strong but failed. She sighs, "It's not like our friendship is important to her, anyway."

"Perrie," Jesy says, leaning her elbows on the table as she moved closer. "You can't deny that everytime you saw Jade walk past by you, you could notice the girl is in despair. You could see how lost the girl is--Perrie, that girl is in despair."

"I'll congratulate her, don't worry," Perrie reassured them, nodding. "It would be prideful of me if I don't. And besides, that would probably be the last time I'll see her again. Who knows when I'll be able to see her again, right?"

"Right..."

Perrie couldn't force the frown to creep up onto her face as she mentioned it. It seems like everything doesn't work in her favor now and she's struggling to get a tight grip of everything she loved. One minute she and Jade were fine and the next their bond is... ruined. Not that Perrie even wanted this.

Leigh could see the conspicuous frown on Perrie's face and shook her head.

"Jade told me she misses you so badly. Don't you miss her, too?"