Chapter 7

"Well?"

"Holy shit sweetheart!"

Carrie laughed, tucking one last piece of hair up in her bun. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks hotshot," she said, carrying her laptop over to her dresser. "Isn't it supposed to be cold tonight?"

"Yeah, do you want my jacket?"

She nodded, brushing a last few touches of makeup on. It was October 1st and usually this time of year, it was still warm, but for tonight's game, it was forecasted to be 40 degrees.

"How'd we even get on homecoming court?" He asked, as the screen froze for a second.

"Truthfully, I have no idea. Maybe we're the new otp of the school."

Harrison laughed. "I'm almost thinking of putting a long sleeve shirt on under this dress. And tights," she told him, sticking her head out the window, feeling the cool air on her skin. "But it'd probably look stupid."

"I can bring you a pair of my sweatpants that you can put over your dress until halftime."

"I think I'll stick with your coat."

Looking at the time on the bottom part of the laptops screen, she said, "you better get going."

"I'll see you in a couple hours."

"Kick some ass for me okay? Love you."

"I will. Love you too."

•••

That night, Carrie got to the stadium to see Harrison had left his jacket in the coaches office for her. Making her way to the press box, she checked over the speech the student council president would be giving during the homecoming ceremony.

"Looks good Ivan."

"You're still undecided right?"

Carrie nodded. She hadn't chose a college yet. Her decision would be decided in April, when Harrison got drafted. And wherever he went, she was going as well. Even if it meant applying to colleges in California, or Florida.

"Okay."

She got up and headed out of the press box where the players were starting to warm up and people were arriving.

"Carrie!"

She saw Julia and Marilou came towards her. "I love the dress!"

Carrie unbuttoned Harrison's varsity jacket, showing them the rest of the dress. It was a medium blue, with sparkles, and an open back. She wore it with a pair of blue heels.

"It's beautiful!"

"Thank you guys! Harrison picked it out."

"Did you get him a matching tie?"

She nodded. "The tie is the exact same color as my dress."

"I made Mark get a light pink tie to match my dress," Marilou, said. "At least you're wearing blue."

Carrie laughed. "Mark in pink?"

"I know."

"When we went, Harrison said 'anything but pink.'"

Marilou giggled. "I have no idea how I got Mark to go with the pink."

The three girls huddled together by the fence as the game began. "Damn it's cold," Julia muttered from beside Carrie.

"Tell me about it. At least you have pants."

She rolled her eyes as Carrie shrugged, wrapping Harrison's jacket around herself as best she could.

The first half took a long time. The other team committed plenty of penalties which stopped the clock every time. But finally, it was time for the ceremony.

Following Marilou and Julia, she walked with the others behind the end zone where they would walk out from. Harrison jogged across the field as Carrie took off his jacket, handing it to Julia.

Stopping, Harrison took in the sight of her. She looked so beautiful, more beautiful than when they video chatted this afternoon.

He led her to the back of the line. They were the last ones to go and since they were the only official couple in homecoming court this year, they were paired together.

As the ceremony began, and the first couples were announced, Harrison stood behind her with his arms around her. Carrie appreciated the gesture to warm her up, but it really wasn't doing anything.

At last they were called. Harrison held out his arm for her, which she happily took. They walked slowly across the field as Ivan finished his speech about their future lives. Carrie was planning on getting a degree in post secondary education and Harrison was planning on going right into the NFL.

Halfway to midfield, Carrie stumbled. It was a slight trip, barely noticeable. Next to her, Harrison giggled. "Shut it! You're the one who wanted me to wear these!" She protested.

"And you're the one who actually decided to wear them," he shot back with a smile.

"Damn you."

"May I add, these heels don't make you much taller. I know you hate how much taller I am."

Carrie simply shook her head, fighting back the smile. It was true, she did hate how much taller he was. It made her have to beg for kisses or pull him way down for a kiss. "I'm sorry I'm short."

"Don't apologize sweetheart. I like it." She punched him in the stomach, but it didn't do much with all the padding he was wearing.

They reached midfield, where they were stopped for a few pictures before being directed towards the home bleachers.

Carrie stood, holding Harrison's arm as Ivan announced the homecoming king and queen. "And this years homecoming king and queen are..."

She looked at all the other couples, desperately hoping they would win. "Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher!"

Carrie looked at him, a huge smile breaking out. Somehow, they'd won. They weren't the most popular kids at school, but people knew who they were.

Harrison picked her up, spinning her before planting a gentle kiss on her lips. Two of the student council officers ran out, giving them both their sashes and crowns, as the crowd cheered. Carrie hugged him as they took another few pictures.

She kissed him again, wrapping her arms around him as another picture was taken. "I love you Harrison!"

He kissed her forehead before whispering, "I love you too."

The players began running out onto the field as they walked off. "You better get warmed up again."

"I know," he said, giving her another passionate kiss.

Julia and Marilou ran up to her, leading her back off the field. Julia handed some guy her phone, who took a picture of the three of them. They wanted a couple different pictures together and a few separate ones.

By the time she was done taking pictures with Marilou and Julia, there was a swarm of people waiting for pictures. She took plenty more with her other friends and even some random freshman that wanted a picture.

About 150 people had come up to her asking for pictures. Carrie tried to get her parents, his parents, and her closest friends first. After all the pictures, she could see the flash from all the cameras when she blinked.

Carrie knew her Facebook was going to get blown up that night from all the people she took pictures with. She only planned on posting two; the one of her and Harrison kissing, and the other with Julia and Marilou.