Chapter 33

Harrison was laying on the living room floor, playing with his son when Carrie got home.

Walking in the house, Carrie could hear him say, "guess who's home?"

"Momby!"

She laughed hearing her nickname. After setting the groceries on the counter, she came over and laid next to Harrison. "How's my little man doing?" She asked as Adam began to crawl over to her.

"Mwaaahy!"

"Hey buddy."

Adam crawled against her chest, using her to stand himself up. He took a step backward and fell right on his butt. Adam looked as if he would start crying.

As if on cue, he started wailing. Carrie sat up, grabbing her son and holding him against her chest. "You'll get it soon."

Adam was eleven months already. And he was a pretty strong baby. He had this thing where he would find something sturdy and use his chubby arms to pull himself on his feet. When Adam stopped crying, she took him into the kitchen with her to help Harrison put away the groceries.

The little boy started crying again when Harrison accidentally dropped a plate while trying to stuff the cheese in the refrigerator. The plate fell to the floor with a loud crash, causing Adam to start crying again into his mothers shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay."

Carrie went back into the living room, setting Adam down on the floor. He crawled across the floor, finding his favorite toy in the big pile. "You found your x-wing huh?"

"Momma!"

Adam crawled back over, using his left to crawl and the other to push his x-wing across the floor. As he was pushing the toy across the floor, his mom made her way over to the pile of toys that were a total mess.

The pile sat right in front of the television. And it made the house look like a mess. It consisted of blocks, stuffed animals, trucks, and plenty of other toys.

"Momma!" And then he started crying.

Carrie spun around at the sound of his cry, and almost laughed at the scene in front of her. Chance was laying in the small walk area between their couch and coffee table. With his little x-wing, Adam would do circles around the table.

He pushed his toy once again into Chance's side, wanting the dog to get out of his way. He pushed the x-wing, yelled at Chance, and looked at him, hoping he would move.

When Chance still didn't move, he crawled close to him and pushed at his side with his little hand. "Aggghhh!"

Eventually Chance got annoyed at Adam's persistent efforts to smash the toy against his side. He got up and jumped on the couch, letting the little boy continue his circle around the table. Meanwhile, Carrie cleaned up the pile of toys, putting them away in their appropriate boxes.

"Adam!" His daddy said coming up behind home and tickling his sides.

Adam laughed, slapping Harrison's hands away as he sat down next to him. "Dadda!"

"Hey buddy."

After Harrison sat down, Adam crawled into Harrison's lap, hugging his father. He mumbled something Harrison couldn't make out.

"I love you little man."

He looked up at the sound of Carrie's phone taking a picture. Harrison spun his son around to face her. "Smile for mommy."

Adam covered his mouth with his hands as she snapped another picture. "My boys."

Carrie crawled across the floor, laying her head next to her husband's leg. Adam reached out for her. She smiled, placing the palm of her hand against his. With both hands, Adam grabbed at her fingers. She simply held her hand there.

"Well somebody likes to play with mommy's hand."

She laughed, picking her son up. Holding him elevated above her, she moved him back and forth like an airplane. And as she did this, he laughed.

Carrie couldn't hold back her own smile, seeing the happiness on his face. Adam laughed with a small smile crossing his chubby cheeks. "You're adorable," she whispered, kissing his forehead.

"I think I'm pretty adorable too sweetheart."

"In your dreams," Carrie teased back.

"I am according to you."

"Would you stop it."

Adam made his way off his mom and found his little x-wing that Carrie had tucked neatly away just a few minutes ago.

With Carrie still laying on her back, Harrison gently kissed her. "Harry!"

Neither of them noticed Adam now sitting next to Carrie with his x-wing in hand. As Harrison ended the kiss, he was rewarded with the x-wing smashing into his face.

"Adam!"

But Adam only smiled. Carrie laughed, sitting up as he held a hand over his nose. Taking her son's hand and putting the toy back on the floor she told him, "don't hit daddy with your toys."

He crawled over to the box that now contained all his toys. "Dadda!" He muttered, pointing at the blocks.

Beginning to come over, Harrison stopped, both his hands now cupped under his nose as a few drops of blood dripped from his nose. "Go to the bathroom!" His wife scolded, pushing him off the carpet.

Getting to the bathroom, the drips of blood had turned into a steady run. He flipped the sink on with his pinkie, trying to clean some of the blood off his hands. And it kept running.

Behind him, Carrie entered, grabbing a wad of tissues. As the blood continued to flow from his nose, she grabbed a few and pressed them against his nose, pinching the bridge to stop the bleeding. "Sit."

Harrison sat on the toilet as she handed him a towel to clean up his arms. She stood in front of him, holding the tissue up against his nose. "How's it look?" He wondered.

Carrie removed the tissue from his nose and shoved another one back in the same place as it was still coming out pretty fast. "Wow, your eleven month old son managed to give you a bloody nose."

She pinched his nose again as he answered, "the club is expanding."

Harrison was right about that. A few months ago the two of them were playing around in the basement. They had gotten a punching bag a few days before and were both playing around with the boxing gloves. He was showing her a few moves, specifically how to block a punch using her forearm. Harrison told her to take a swing at him, so she did, and in the long run, ended up giving him a bloody nose.

Carrie removed the tissue, seeing the bleeding come to a stop. "No more bloody noses please," she teased, slapping his chest and leaving the bathroom to find Adam.

The Harrison getting a bloody nose part was modeled somewhat after what happened to me last week in school. My friend threw her lunchbox (lunchbox's may cause injury) across the table and it hit me in the nose. Needless to say, not even a minute after that I was running down the hallway to the nurses office holding my bloody nose😂