Chapter 27

Carrie sat still as Julia and Marilou did her makeup. She'd been sitting here for what felt like hours as her two best friends did her hair and makeup.

"Harrison's gonna be blown away," Julia said, putting more eyeliner on her.

She laughed, as Marilou tucked another stand of hair up into the intricate bun. "Do you have more blush up here?" Julia asked, digging under multiple pallets of makeup.

"No I think it's downstairs," Carrie answered with a grimace. She was the only one who knew where it was and didn't want to go downstairs due to the tradition where bride and groom didn't see each other until the ceremony.

"I have some," Harrison's mom cut in, handing it to Julia.

With the whole tradition, the guys and the girls split the house. Harrison and the guys were downstairs getting him ready while Carrie and the girls were upstairs getting her ready.

"Carrie, do you want your necklace now?"

"Sure mom."

Debbie brought Carrie her favorite necklace. It had a silver chain and a 'c' for her name. Outlining the 'c' there were sparkles and even a few diamonds. It was a little gift from her soon to be husband.

Putting the necklace on, Dorothy handed her silver bangles. The bangles were very old, for they were given by Harrison's great grandpa to his great grandma for their wedding. Then it started as a tradition for the parents to pass down the bangles to their oldest son to give to his fiancée before their wedding. And if Harrison and Carrie ever had a son, the bangles would be passed down to him when the time came.

Marilou finished with her hair, tying the bun in a blue ribbon. The ribbon was light blue, which matched the bridesmaids dresses. "You look beautiful," her mother told her as Julia finished with the last touch ups.

"Thanks mom."

Carrie stood up and stretched. Stepping into her cowgirl boots, she looked at herself in the mirror. Julia was right, Harrison was going to be blown away. Her wedding dress was strapless, going all the way past her feet. It was very simple, with not much pattern to it.

Holding her hands in front of her stomach, Carrie was relieved at the fact she didn't look any different in the dress. Meaning, people wouldn't begin to wonder if she was pregnant. The only people who knew were his parents and her parents. Not even Julia, Marilou or Mark.

Mostly she wasn't ready to announce her pregnancy this soon after the last one. She lost their other baby after 4 months. Carrie wasn't going to announce it until she visibly looked bigger.

Marilou clapped her hands against Carrie's shoulders. "You ready Carrie?"

She nodded, hearing the sound of a car door closing and her soon to be husband's voice. Carrie made her way over to their big bedroom window that faced the backyard.

Harrison was standing near the tent, greeting guests as they passed by. Todd and Terrance were taking turns parking guests cars around the back of their other garage. From the window, she could also see inside the tent. People were finding their seats very easily by finding their names on the wood blocks Harrison had carved. Near the entrance to the tent sat the window with their special saying and the barrel he made.

There was a knock on the bedroom door. "Miss Fisher, its Rachel."

Carrie opened the door for her photographer. "You said to come get you at 3."