Chapter 38

Carrie was excited to see one of these rings. Super Bowl rings were big time bling. When Harrison first told her of the ceremony before their first preseason game, she looked up a Super Bowl ring. It turns out the rings were over $36,000 each, and were made of gold and over 100 diamonds.

She stood on the sidelines as each player from last years championship team received their ring. Harrison was the first player to go, receiving 2 rings.

Carrie took a few pictures of him receiving the rings from the NFL commissioner. Along with a ring for winning the Super Bowl, he got a second one for being the MVP.

Adam stood next to her, his little hands holding his mommy's leg. "Dadda!"

"Dadda's getting his rings," she told her son.

He watched patiently as his daddy shook hands with the commissioner before jogging over to them. Adam seemed a little intimidated by Harrison wearing all his pads since he hid behind Carrie.

"Hey little man," he said, kneeling down.

Seeing that the big man in all that gear was his daddy, Adam came out from behind Carrie's leg. At the sight of the shiny thing in his fathers hand, he immediately stole one of the rings.

He tried to stuff the giant ring in his mouth, but Carrie stopped him. "Let's not eat that Adam."

"Momma." Harrison picked him up, handing the rings to his wife.

Carrie put one on. Although it wasn't fitted for her, she could still feel the weight of it. The thing felt like a small stone. And it was huge. The exterior was made of gold and around the Cowboys star was 'Dallas Cowboys World Champions.' On the right side of it was a picture of the Lombardi Trophy and on the other side was his name and number.

"Harrison this is huge!"

"I know sweetheart."

Adam stole the other one from his daddy's hand. The ring was about half the size of his little hand. He tried to put it on like his mommy, but ended up pushing three of his fingers through it.

His parents both laughed at him. "Here buddy," Harrison said, adjusting the ring so he wore it like Carrie.

"Dadda!"

Carrie continued to check out the ring. The blue Cowboys star and the background consisted of over 100 diamonds. His MVP ring was the same way.

"This better not take the place of your wedding ring," Carrie teased.

Harrison laughed, standing up to kiss her. "Don't worry it won't." But with the size of the ring, he wouldn't wear it that much anyway.

•••

Later that night, the Cowboys had a banquet for last seasons Super Bowl winning team. Harrison led Carrie inside, her holding his right hand which contained the ring.

They had the banquet at the nicest restaurant in downtown Dallas. On the way there they dropped Adam and Chance off at his parents where they would spend the night.

Carrie and Harrison wouldn't be home until after midnight, and they probably wouldn't come home the most sober either. "Holy shit," she muttered beside him as they entered.

"That's right, the front office knows how to throw parties."

The inside of this place looked like a club. It had dim lighting and even a small stage in the corner. In between all the tables was a big ice sculpture of the Cowboys star. And next to it was an ice sculpture of the Lombardi Trophy.

The bar was lined with every kind of beer, wine, whiskey, vodka or any alcoholic drink a person could ask for. They made their way over to the bar, sitting by quarterback Tony Romo and his wife.

There were so many people at the bar, the girls sat while the guys stood behind. Carrie ordered a huge salad which her and Harrison split. The four of them split a bottle of Grey Goose.

After taking a few sips of Grey Goose, Carrie didn't realize how long it'd been since she drank the strong stuff. Following Adam's birth, she never got back into drinking and neither did Harrison. He stopped since she wasn't able to.

Next up was Jack Daniels. The two of them finished a bottle themselves very quickly. Behind them, somebody brought out a huge cake with the Cowboys star in the middle and 'Super Bowl Champions' below.

Making her way over to the cake, Carrie felt tipsy. On the way back, she whispered, "maybe we should cut it out with the drinks."

"Come on, one more," he pleaded.

"Fine but nothing super strong."

Harrison pouted. "I was going to ask if you wanted to try the fireball."

She laughed. "Red wine is enough."

He smiled, ordering a bottle of red wine. After the wine, Carrie was ready to go. "You ready?"

Harrison nodded, saying goodbye to a few people before taking her hand and leading her outside. "You sure you're good to drive home because I'm certainly not."

"I am. Don't forget you haven't drank as much as me lately."

"I know, I know," she grumbled, pushing home down the sidewalk. "But that may be subject to change," she teased.

He rolled his eyes, unlocking the truck and opening her door before going to the other side. "We could bust out the rest of our wine stash later."

"Not gonna happen tonight. I feel like I'm going to throw up any second." Harrison simply laughed and started the truck.