Chapter 26

Harrison was relieved when the season was finally over. The Cowboys had made it to the NFC championship, but fell to the Packers in overtime.

But that gave him more time to help Carrie with last minute wedding plans. It was coming up in June, nearly 3 months away, but she wanted to have everything taken care of a few months early.

With planning the wedding, Carrie was halfway through her masters degree. Harrison was so proud of her, being able to manage her education with everything that was going on.

Outside of the wedding planning, they had been trying for another child. "HARRISON!"

He was emptying the dish washer when he heard his name being called. "What?" He shouted upstairs.

A minute later Carrie came flying down the stairs, jumping and almost tripping over Chance as she made her way into the kitchen. She ran towards him, jumping into his arms.

Harrison set a plate on the counter, now being able to hold her with both hands. "Guess what! I have some great news!"

"What sweetheart?" He wondered as she wrapped her legs around his waist. Could it be?

Holding his face in her hands, she excitedly told him, "Harrison I'm pregnant!"

He smiled, before kissing her. "That's amazing sweetheart!" Harrison was even blown away at the news. After all they'd went through with the last baby, to now be blessed with another opportunity at having a child.

"I can't believe it!"

This was the happiest he'd seen her in a long time. Spinning her, Harrison told her, "we're going to have this baby. We're going to be alright. Nothing's going to go wrong this time."

Carrie kissed him as he set her back down. "You ready for pregnant me again?" She asked. "And my lovely cravings?"

"I don't know," he teased.

"Come on, I know you're excited about my 2 am cravings for pickles and ice cream."

"Not really. That smell gives me a headache."

"Wuss."

Harrison raised an eyebrow, watching her giggle. He strode towards her as she backed into the counter. "Harry..."

Carrie smiled as he pressed his lips against hers. Putting his hands on her hips, he deepened the kiss as she held his face in her hands. She felt herself tipping back, but his strong hand stopping her.

Her feet left the ground as he set her on the counter, continuing to kiss her. Standing in front of her, he rested his elbows next to her. He ended the kiss, staring at her brown eyes before whispering, "I love you."

"I love you too," she said back to him.

•••

As the big day came closer and closer, Carrie began to get bigger. It still wasn't very noticeable, and she prayed it wouldn't be noticeable under her wedding dress. But being pregnant again was still enough to tire her out.

"The laundry's not going to get done by itself!" She shouted.

"I'm coming sweetheart," his voice echoed from the top of the stairs. "Do you need anything else washed?"

"No."

Harrison came down the stairs, carrying a laundry basket full of clothes. "You sure?"