Chapter 49

After much convincing from Harrison and her parents, Carrie agreed to leave Adam with her parents while they went to Cancún, Mexico.

"I still don't think this is a good idea," she'd said.

"Oh come on, Adam will be fine with your parents."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

Now laying on the beach of Cancún next to him, Carrie didn't mind the little break from their kid. "Feels good huh?" He asked from beside her.

"I'll admit it does."

"See, I told you."

Harrison stretched his back before cuddling closer. Carrie probably wouldn't of come if he didn't make the point that it was for their 3rd anniversary. Although it was early January, they took their anniversary trip right after New Years and before Carrie got really pregnant.

She was due in July, but it wouldn't be long before she was really far into this pregnancy so they used the opportunity to get out while they could.

Carrie exhaled loudly, feeling the water surge up against her feet. Sitting out in the blazing sun, the water felt really good on her feet. Reaching next to herself, she grabbed the huge strawberry smoothie they both shared. "Did you make this?" She wondered.

"Yeah." She glared at him. "No I got it from the hotel."

"Well I was going to say it tasted good. Not as good as that first one you made for me."

Although it took place so long ago, the first smoothie was frequently talked about between the two of them. But it was a special smoothie, and without the smoothie they probably wouldn't have met.

Harrison got up and stood over her, waiting for her to give him her hands. When she did, he pulled her to her feet and led them back to the hotel.

They passed by the pool and Harrison couldn't help jumping in for the football. She stepped back after he splashed her. "Come on sweetheart."

"No I just went for a swim with you."

"Come on," he encouraged, shaking the football. "Please?"

"Alright." Carrie clapped her hands and jumped into the pool. In mid air, he threw the football, which she had to catch behind her back as she fell. She held on as she hit the water.

"That was a hell of a catch Carrie."

"I know," she smiled, tossing the ball back. "Give me something I can't catch."

•••

Later that evening, they tried a couple of bars in Cancún for Harrison. And for some reason, they could not find the last one on the list. Carrie being trilingual was a huge help, for she was able to understand and speak Spanish just as easily as French.

On the way down the sidewalk, she ran into one of the coffee shops and asked the barista how to get to the last bar. "Disculpe, ¿cómo llegas aquí?" She asked, showing her the brochure.

The barista answered, "Al final de la calle, gire a la derecha. Y al final de la siguiente calle, gire a la derecha."

"Gracias."

"De nada. ¿Puedo interesarte en una de nuestras expresiones especiales?"

"No, gracias."

"So what'd she say?" He asked as she came back out.

"She said we make a right at the end of this street and the next. Then she offered me expresso."

Harrison laughed, taking her hand. "Let's go."