Chapter 10

Carrie was exhausted by the time they got back to his house. "How was the dance?" His mom asked as they came in.

"It was good," he answered.

"We figured out he's a really good dancer," Carrie added.

His mom laughed. "That's good. And honey, your dad and Terrance packed the truck. All your guns are in there and your clothes are up in your room."

"Thanks mom."

Harrison went up the steps followed by Carrie. They entered his room to find clothes sprawled out all over his bed. He dug through the clothes, finding the smaller jacket and pants underneath. "Here, try these on," he said, handing the stuff to Carrie.

She turned around, quickly changing. "How do I look?" Carrie asked.

Harrison smiled, seeing her wearing his old hunting gear. The coat and pants fit her really well. "You look like you could kick my ass."

Carrie giggled. "I'd kick your ass without the clothes."

"That's true."

She went over to his dresser and grabbed a t-shirt and sweatpants before changing again. Crawling on his bed, she laid there as he took a shower.

When Harrison came out of the shower, she was asleep, on his bed. He dried his hair as he walked. Seeing her all sprawled out, he laughed. "Somebody's comfy."

He picked up her legs, pulling the covers out from underneath. Then he laid her down and covered her.

Carrie blinked a few times, seeing him cover her. "Hey sweetheart."

"What time is it?" She yawned.

"11."

Sitting up, Carrie swung her legs out of bed. "I better go home."

"We have to get up at 4. You're more than welcome to stay here."

"You sure?"

He nodded. "Of course."

"I'll go sleep on the couch downstairs."

Once again, Harrison stopped her. "That couch is horrible to sleep on. You can have my bed."

"Where are you going to sleep?"

"Downstairs or if you don't mind, I'll stay here."

Carrie got back in bed, rolling over to the other side. She held the covers up for him. "Come on."

He ran back in the bathroom, putting the towel away before joining her under the covers. "Goodnight Carrie," he whispered before gently kissing her.

"Night. I love you."

"We're going to have fun tomorrow."

"I know."

She rolled onto her side as he laid on his chest. For the first half hour, she rolled over a few times. And one time she must've had a dream, for she kicked him.

"You're restless," he whispered from beside her.

"Sorry. I kick a lot."

"It's okay." He moved closer to her, putting one arm around her waist, and the other under her pillow where his fingers laced with hers.

Carrie leaned back against his chest, putting her arm on top of his that rested on her side. Rubbing the back of his hand, she laced her fingers with his.

"I love you," she whispered before closing her eyes.

•••

The next morning, he woke Carrie up at 4. "How'd you sleep?" He asked, looking over her.