Chapter 14

Carrie made it to New York just in time. Finishing her SAT's this morning, she jumped right on a plane to New York City to meet Harrison for the 2006 NFL Draft.

Making her way to Radio Music Hall, the different time zones had her screwed up. It was normally 5:00 in Dallas, but here in New York, it was 6:00.

She gasped, seeing the inside of the hall. There were thousands of people sitting in the theatre, awaiting the draft. Carrie showed security her pass before making her way to where the athletes were seated.

Now that April had rolled around, Carrie and Harrison made some big decisions. She decided to take online classes through Auburn University, so that she could travel with him. Harrison made his decision to officially go into the NFL draft, skipping college.

Carrie found him in the front of the theatre with his parents, Terrance, his new agent, and a few NFL reps.

His face lit up as she came over. "You made it!"

"I wasn't going to miss it for the world."

He smiled. "You look beautiful."

She wore a short blue dress with her hair up in a bun. Carrie had on heels, closing the height gap between the two of them. The dress hugged her body, as it went halfway down her thighs.

Harrison looked at the 'c' shape necklace she wore. "I got you this right?"

Carrie nodded, running her fingers along his tie. "You got me that for Christmas."

His hands found their way to her hips, as he slowly leaned in for a kiss. She took a step closer, forcing him to straighten up since he didn't have to lean down as far to kiss her.

After ending the kiss, Carrie was introduced to his agent Brian. "You must be Harrison's wife?"

"Girlfriend. Not wife yet," she laughed, glancing at him.

"He's spoken very highly of you."

She smiled before taking a seat in between Harrison and Terrance as the draft began. "The Houston Texans are now on the clock," a voice said over the loudspeaker.

"What about Houston?" She asked him.

"They're in the market for a quarterback," he answered.

As the first 20 minutes came to a close, the Texans did in fact take a quarterback. "Who do you think's got eyes on you?" Carrie asked, placing a hand on his knee.

"Dallas, Denver, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. They're all in need of linebackers."

Harrison put his hand on hers as the New Orleans Saints brought up their pick. They had chosen a wide receiver.

Next it was Dallas's turn. It was only a minute and a half before their pick was submitted. "And the Dallas Cowboys select a linebacker from Texas. Harrison Ford!"

Carrie squeezed his knee before kissing his cheek. "Congratulations!"

His parents gave him a pat on the back as he made his way to the stage. The Cowboys head coach was up there as well as the owner Jerry Jones.

He was handed a blue Cowboys hat and a white jersey with number 1 to hold for the picture. A dozen photographers ran onstage, snapping pictures for newspapers all around the country.

The audience applauded again as he was led off the stage and to a back room where he would get his contract offer.

Harrison followed the owner and general manager to a desk under the stage. "Sit please."

He sat. "I'd like to say it's an honor to have you Harrison. You're going to be a great addition to our defense."

"Thank you sir."

"For us you'll be playing a lot of middle linebacker. I know you have good throwing ability and receiving ability. We think you'd fit best in the middle linebacker position. With that, I'd like to offer you a deal. $75 million for 4 years with a $2 million signing bonus and the $1 million rookie bonus."

Harrison was blown away. "Wow, thank you!"

"What do you say?"

"Deal!" Harrison shook Jerry's hand.

"Glad to have you."

From one of the desk drawers, Jerry pulled out a binder of paperwork. "This deal also comes with a trade clause, or no trade agreement. If we ever decide to trade you, which I can tell you right now won't happen, you can choose what teams you want to be blocked from."

Harrison was giving a paper with all 32 NFL teams on it, and a pen. He went through, checking the boxes next to teams he didn't want to ever be traded to. Going through the list, he checked off the Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Jaguars, Bears, and Jets.

Giving back the paper, he was given several others that had to deal with insurance and banking until he was finally given the official contract.

The official contact outlined the NFL's code of conduct policy, as well as injury related salaries. His contract was structured so if he ever got hurt, he'd still get paid his yearly salary.

Rereading the contract for the second time, he signed it, making it official. Carrie was let in with his family for the official signing.

Harrison passed the paper back to Mr. Jones. "It's a pleasure to have you Harrison."

He shook hands with Mr. Jones. "Thank you sir."

Harrison felt Carrie's small hands on his shoulders, massaging out the knots. "You ready?"

She pulled him to his feet as he nodded. Taking Carrie's hand, he led her out of the office, thanking Mr. Jones once again.

They made their way out of Radio Music Hall. Harrison gave her his coat when the reached the streets of New York City. Even in April, it was still chilly.

Walking hand in hand with Carrie, she asked him, "happy about Dallas?"

He nodded. "They're a good team, and the best part, I'll be close to home."

"You don't have to worry about me, I'll be with you."

"Aren't you going to college in Dallas?"

"My parents and I talked about it the last few weeks. I decided to enroll in online classes through Auburn. That way I can travel with you and still get my education."

He smiled, kissing her cheek as they walked. "We're going to have so much fun."