Chapter 16

Harrison and Carrie made a small dent in his new contract. They finished work on building a house a few miles away from downtown Dallas. They also each got new cars, Carrie a Tesla, and Harrison a Chevy truck.

Carrie also insisted they get a dog. They adopted a 8 year old yellow lab named Chance. In her 18 years, Carrie was never allowed to get a dog, for they were too much work.

Harrison came home from practice, pulling in the driveway to a few construction workers leaving the house. Passing by them, he thanked them before heading inside to see Carrie.

"Well how's it look?" He asked, making his way inside.

"Great," she answered, getting up from the counter. Carrie showed him what the constitution crews finished while he was at football practice.

Leading him upstairs and into one of the spare bedrooms, she told him, "they finished the carpeting in here and finished the countertops."

When designing the house plans, they had extra bedrooms built for future kids. After graduation, Carrie and Harrison both agreed they wanted kids sometime in the near future. All the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen could be easily child proofed, and the corners of coffee tables could all be covered with foam padding.

They walked through the rest of the house, looking at the finished pool, living room, and their bedroom. "It looks amazing," he whispered, kissing her cheek before wrapping his arms around her waist.

Carrie stood with his arms around her as she admired their bedroom. There was a big window looking over the pool. They had a huge closet built mostly for all her clothes with a small section for his. And they had a king size bed which they also shared with Chance.

It was more like Carrie shared the bed with Chance. He would jump up at night and snuggle under Carrie's arm. And Chance was so big that Harrison would have to roll out of the way for him.

"I call you to myself tonight," he whispered in her ear.

"Uh huh. Chance might get there first," she giggled.

"It's my turn tonight!"

Carrie turned in his arms to face him. "It's amazing. All of it."

"I know sweetheart." Harrison picked her up, Carrie laying across his arms as he carried her downstairs for dinner.

Setting her down she told him, "I went shopping today. What do you want?"

"It doesn't matter."

She smiled. "Come on."

"Chicken salad?"

Carrie reached under the counter, grabbing a bowl. "Let's go."

They made chicken salad for dinner, Harrison only cutting himself once trying to slice a tomato. "Oh my gosh Harrison!"

"What?"

"Look at your hand! Come here right now!"

He looked down at his hand, seeing the blood trickle from his finger down to his palm. Carrie grabbed his hand, marching him over to the sink where she shoved his hand under the water.

"Babe you need to be more careful."

"We both know I'm never careful."

"You need to be." Carrie laughed at those words coming from her mouth. He was never careful, especially when it came to football.

She turned the water off, grabbing a few paper towels and wrapping up his hand. "Seriously, you could lose a finger."

He mocked her. "You could lose a finger."

Carrie slapped his chest. "Stop it!"

"Stop it!" He teased back.

"Harrison Ford!"

"Carrie Fisher!"

She held her hands up in surrender as she leaned back against the sink. Carrie took the paper towel off his hand, running to the bathroom for a band-aid.

Coming back, she made him hold his hand still. Standing behind her as she tried to bandage his hand, he kissed her neck a few times before she gave up and jumped into his arms.

•••

That night, Harrison beat Chance to bed. Carrie lay on their bed, watching the Bachelor as he snuggled next to her. He reached for the remote, before she swatted his hand away. "It's the finale!"

Playfully, he rolled his eyes, watching as the bachelor proposed. He took mental notes for when the time came for him to propose to Carrie.

Truthfully, he had no idea how he was going to propose to her, or when he was going to. But Carrie deserved something very special, and he had a couple years to figure it out.

After it was over, she turned to tv off and rolled into his embrace. As soon as he got her to himself, Chance ran in, jumping up on their bed. He whimpered at Carrie laying in Harrison's arms, instead of next to him.

Chance came over to Carrie, looking behind her for a spot. But Carrie's back was against the edge and he wasn't going to settle for the other side of the bed.

Coming around Harrison, he looked for another spot, but there was only the rest of the bed. Growling, he laid on Harrison.

Carrie broke out laughing, seeing Chance lay on him. "Somebody's not happy you stole his spot."

"Too bad," he said, pushing Chance off him.

Throughout the night, Chance continued to to bug the two of them. He laid on Harrison a few more times, than eventually made his way over to Carrie.

"Alright buddy, you win," Harrison muttered, moving over so Chance could lay next to Carrie.

She laughed, putting her arm around the dog. "You little shit," she heard him mutter again.

Petting Chance, she poked Harrison. "I told you he would steal your spot."

Carrie fell asleep soon after with her arms around Chance. Meanwhile, Harrison was jealous of the dog.

When Carrie got up to go to the bathroom, Chance and Harrison locked in a stare down. She came back, seeing both boys glaring at each other. Getting back in bed, she made Harrison move over before laying in between the two of them.

"Everyone happy?" She teased, putting a hand on Chance's head as Harrison laid his head on her shoulder.

Kissing her passionately, he whispered, "yes."