Chapter 23

Carrie looked at Harrison strangely as he packed the food. "What?" He asked, seeing the skepticism on her face.

"Nothing," she answered, running downstairs to grab water.

Opening the fridge, Carrie grabbed a few waters. Thinking back to Harrison, she wondered what the reason was for this date today. The past few weeks, he'd been taking her out to all these fancy places, just to go out she guessed. Before all of this started, they only went out for birthdays, anniversaries, or holidays.

But now they turned it into an every weekend thing. Today he was taking her out to her favorite place. It wasn't a restaurant, it was the place they went to all the time in high school.

Reaching behind the waters, she grabbed a bottle of wine for Harrison. He loved his muscat wine.

"Did you grab the wine?"

Peeking over he shoulder, she nodded. Handing him the wine, she grabbed the waters and closed the refrigerator. Carrie followed him upstairs, listening to him tease her about the wine. For some reason, she didn't like muscat wine and Harrison loved to tease her about it.

"Shut up!"

Harrison laughed, holding the door open for her as she went by. "I'd say we should go to the bar tonight, but somebody doesn't like wine," he teased.

Making her way to the counter, she glared at him before flipping him off. Packing the drinks in the picnic basket, she smiled, along with hearing the laughter from behind her. "I do like other kinds of wine," she muttered over her shoulder.

"Sure you do," his voice said, coming closer.

Carrie turned around, folding her arms across her chest. He stood in front of her, smiling as she struggled to keep herself from smiling. Clenching her fists, and biting the inside of her lip, she held the straight face for a minute before he laughed.

She could feel the smile coming, as he leaned closer. Carrie knew he was going to kiss her to try and break her straight face. She tried to push him away, but he grabbed her hands and clamped his lips on hers.

Just kissing him, Carrie couldn't be mad at him, let alone try to. Harrison tipped her until she felt her back against the counter. Her arms wrapped around his neck as he deepened the kiss.

Suddenly, he was pushed to the side by something. Carrie caught him, ending the kiss and looking down at the dog who just ran into him.

She laughed, petting Chance. "Good boy."

"Excuse me?" Harrison asked as she let him go to kneel down and pet the dog. He stumbled into the other counter.

Chance licked her face as she pet him. He ran over to the door and back to Carrie. "Somebody's ready to go," she said to Harrison who was grabbing the basket.

Carrie put Chance's collar on, and grabbed the truck keys as Harrison followed with the basket. She opened the door for Chance who jumped into the backseat. He put the picnic basket back there with Chance as she got in the passenger seat.

Harrison jumped into the drivers seat, starting the truck and backing out of the driveway. At the end, he almost backed into the mailbox, which Carrie wouldn't let him have enough of until they got to her favorite spot.

•••

Carrie got out of the truck, opening the back door for Chance. He jumped out, following the two of them to the edge of the hill, where it curved off sharply before coming to another hill below it.