Chapter 1: "The assholes leave anyway"

A tanned average height girl was leaning against the fence of her juvenile delinquent centre with her arms crossed. The Latina girl walked over to another girl looking out for the guards before trading a switch blade for a pack of cigarettes. The Latina took the cigarettes before moving over to the fence doing her chin ups. In juive for her the simplicity was cheap thrills. Work out until your muscles were hard and learn how to stab a mother fucker without batting an eyelash. She'd been put in here for grand theft auto and thievery. She'd lived the criminal life since she was 13 years old. Learnt from her mother. Feeling someone grab onto her leg she turn around on the bar swinging her foot harshly to meet the teens chin knocking her to the side. The Latina then jumped down running a hand over the bangs of her long brown almost black hair pushing it out of the way of her face. The teen then got back up. The Latina's blue eyes were trained on the teen in front of her as she tried to punch her and then a guard walked up to her. "You're out." The guard called out to her. The Latina smirked in satisfaction pushing past the teen and walking through the halls as if she owned the place. She got stuck here for bit over a year. Knowing her family would have been long gone by now she didn't dwell on the small details. Getting out she dressed in her clothes and looked at her ID before walking to the bus station. Esmaralda Rumancek. Gypsy and proud. Esmaralda got her phone out and called her mother Lynda. "Hello who is this?" Lynda asked sounding out of breath.

"Nice to know you remember me." Esmaralda muttered coolly as she bought a bus ticket to the train station.

"Esmaralda oh my god you are out?" Lynda asked quickly obviously cheering.

"Obviously so where are you living now?" Esmaralda inquired sitting down frowning looking around at the people on the bus. Never was she a snob but she'd spent a good span of her life sucking the life out of rich horny teenagers.

"Oh um we are in Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania." Lynda informed her making Esmaralda groan and frown.

"Of course you'd choose a shithole. I'll be there tomorrow night. If you don't have my belongings I am going to kill someone. Bye Lynda." Esmaralda put it simply hanging up. Over her life Lynda had always been someone she could rely on. Care about. But Esmaralda hadn't seen her or Peter since she was 14. She'd quickly left them without a word. She'd left them for a life with her older boyfriend in New Orleans with parties and just non-stop fun. Leaving was her strong suit. Needing help was something she'd never asked for in her life. After a long number of hours Esmeralda finally made it to Hemlock Grove and got a taxi to her new home. Looking down at the dump Esmeralda cringes her plump rosy lips forming a pout as she walked down the steps with her bag of belongings hanging off her shoulder. As she made it down there she heard Peter talking to a girl.

"Are you a werewolf?" The girl asked blankly and Esmaralda stopped lighting a cigarette listening in on the conversation.

"Now we know who your literary influences are." Peter teased the humour evident in his tone. Are you going to find me a vampire to have a sexless three-way with?" Peter laughed out and the girl not speaking obviously not impressed.

"Gross but your index and middle fingers are the same length. And I say that makes you a werewolf." The girl stated getting back to business. Esmaralda laughed to herself she could only imagine Peter fixated on his two fingers at that moment.

"Jesus where did you get something like that?" Peter grumbled out.

"I don't know TV or whatever. So are you a werewolf or what?" The girl asked.

"Sure, are you a retard?" Peter bit back in his defence.

"No" The girl muttered meekly.

"My heightened werewolf sense indicate otherwise." Peter teased.