Chapter 16: "So you are supposed to be evil huh?"

After the whole ordeal the next morning everyone began to clean up the place. Esmaralda was in the kitchen having downed her 10th glass of bourbon she had decided to light a cigarette. "Why don't you help with the cleaning?" Destiny called out.

"I have a hypersensitive susceptibility to sodium hypochlorite." Esmaralda made an excuse with a scrunched up face. Destiny looked to her confused.

"In real people words?" Destiny asked.

"Allergy to one of the ingredients in bleach." Esmaralda stated with a shrug downing another drink as she had put her cigarette down. "Though it sounded much more important when I used technical terms." Esmaralda stated sitting down on the couch as Destiny wiped her forehead.

"Oh yeah? Well grab some gloves and help." Destiny ordered her.

"Fine I tried to be helpful but I guess I have to say I cleaned up my blood since you refused to touch something evil because you were afraid it'd turn your blood bad." Esmaralda sneered unimpressed. "Now I don't want to touch or go near that blood because it might make me exactly like you since that was what you were accusing my blood of doing even with gloves on." Esmaralda spat pissed off. Destiny sighed annoyed.

"Seriously not letting that go?" Destiny asked Esmaralda quickly the latter of which smirked grabbing a knife slicing her palm open showing Destiny her pitch black blood. Destiny flinched getting bad feelings from that blood. "You know that blood is evil and twisted." Destiny cringed.

"I know, I mean my heard crowded, it's like a vortex sucking me into the abyss, the seduction of darkness even if I did a good thing with it. Wonderful how the world works. But once you have a taste dear Destiny, it's just too good to stop." Esmaralda whispered with a tantalising insane look washing over her face.

"You need serious help." Destiny stated making Esmaralda shrug.

"Probably." Esmaralda laughed getting up and taking a drag of her cigarette walking over the blood uncaringly and pouring some vodka into her cup and she then picked up her phone as it was Jackson. "Is it permanent?" Esmaralda asked quickly and quietly.

"Yes it is Esmaralda. Look you've preformed one too many evil rituals and spells, there gets to a point where you can't come back from it. You aren't a good witch anymore. You are evil, deal with it I can't associate with you anymore without money involved." Jackson apologised hanging up. Esmaralda then turned back to everyone watching Miranda's dramatic flair making her roll her eyes.

"I hate you. I hate all of you" Miranda spat looking between all of them. "We'll be lucky if we don't spend the rest of our lives in jail."

"God oh know jail! It must be the end of the world" Esmaralda muttered uncaringly making Peter roll his eyes looking at her for a moment.

"Why don't we take a moment and be grateful." Destiny asked looking over at Peter. "That we're all alive." The old maid then looked over at Destiny crying. "Well most of us"

"He was a good Christian man. He deserves a proper burial." The maid looked up at Roman crying.

"Of course." Roman agreed his eyes meeting Peter's for a long moment.

"You lied to me! Both of you" Miranda yelled at them. "I watched you turn into a wild animal. And you I don't even know what you are." Miranda yelled with fear looking between Peter and Roman. "And you, you are just a monster. You are monsters and, and this" Miranda dramatically gestured to the scene in front of everyone.

"What happened happened Miranda the world that you thought only existed in bad dreams you are living in it right now. And it's never going to go back to the way it was." Destiny tried to sooth the blonde girl in front of her who was on the verge of crying.

"Okay it's all over. It'll be okay" Peter tried to sooth her touching her shoulder but she pushed him away.

"But what if they come back?" Miranda asked freaked out.

"They won't they're dead. All of them." Peter assured Miranda.

"I wanna go home." Miranda whimpered scrunching up her gloves and holding her first close to her face as if she were praying. Peter placed his hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

"We need you, Nadia needs you. Let's just sit down and relax." Peter pulled her closer to him soothing her better than anyone in the house could. Esmaralda watched boredly as she took a sip of the glass of vodka and Destiny made something for her to drink while Peter and Roman walked over to the kitchen. Destiny turned to her. Esmaralda handed her some tranquiliser to which Destiny crushed it and slipped it into the drink. She then lit another cigarette sighing.

"I'll head to 7/11 get some more bleach finish up here and then head to the diner." Destiny informed everyone handing Miranda a drink.

"Don't, don't leave me here alone." Miranda freaked out getting up. Esmaralda chuckled.

"I'm here." Esmaralda offered and Miranda looked at her wide eyed and looked to Roman with pleading eyes.

"Yeah she'll be here and so will Anna" Roman agreed gesturing to the sobbing old lady. "One of your secret potions handed down through the mist of time?" Roman asked amused.

"Tranquiliser and orange juice sometimes, drug house Esmaralda does the job just fine." Destiny stated with a smile. "What you did last night saving him"

"He would have done the same for me." Roman replied earning a churning sensation in Esmaralda's stomach at what she had seen when she was with Maree. She quickly ran out of the house vomiting her black blood on the snow. Sitting down leaning against the house she ran her hands through her hair trying to stop herself from going crazy. Roman then walked outside not too long later and sat down next to her. "So you are supposed to be evil huh?"

"Yep evil as they get." Esmaralda commented softly and Roman chuckled.

"What's the legends behind it?" Roman asked her.

"A good gypsy in her early learning of magic starts off, she is not particularly good at it and it borderline pathetic at most things, as she grows into her power her judgement becomes impaired, betraying those closest to her she seeks out another cultures form of magic more it finding her she learned it and she's better at it. But she's a good gypsy she only wants her family to be alive and safe so she does a dark ritual that sets the bounds and it seduces her into addiction of many forms until her blood runs black and pools from her face every time she performs magic. She'll be condemned to her worst hell once she is finally killed. But the evil blood makes them immortal, a long life. She is too hard to kill. They don't come around often." Esmaralda informed him of the story that didn't imply to her only. Roman nodded.

"At least I know I'll have a long life with youaround." Roman reached out to her kissing her temple getting up and walkingaway. Esmaralda walked back into the kitchen and sat down on the ground leaningagainst the kitchen counter, drinking her day away. Trying to drink thephysical pain that the dark magic had caused her. She was not immortal yet. Shewas still 5 dark rituals away from becoming one she then drank herself tosleep.