Chapter 17: "She's just a child"

Destiny chucked a cold glass of water on Esmaralda waking her up and grabbing her chucking her into the car and driving off to find Peter. "Why the fuck did you wake me up?" Esmaralda exclaimed as Destiny came to a sudden stop and Esmaralda fell off her seat and onto the ground. She then peaked her head out. "I really hate you right now."

"That's okay with me." Destiny shrugged climbing out of the car running in. Esmaralda noticed the trouble going on inside and grabbing her arm she got out a needle dragging it across her tattoo of the Celtic tree of life and making it bleed and her face started bleeding out from the nose, mouth and eyes and ears and she heard someone drop dead. Annoyed she turned away waiting for them to come back into the car. They got into the car driving off.

"You killed him?" Peter asked as they drove off.

"No I'm just bleeding black from my face for no reason." Esmaralda sassed with a smirk. They then pulled up to white tower and ran out.

"There are three people here saying they need to see you Mr Godfrey" The security guard said calling Roman. She rolled her eyes unimpressed. "Destiny, Peter and Esmaralda Romantic"

"It's Rumancek you twot" Peter snapped annoyed with the mishap. But the guy didn't pay any attention.

"I can't do that sir they don't have clearance." The guard stated and Esmaralda rolled her eyes impatiently as she lit a cigarette.

"Going against the big bad boss oh I'm shivering in my boots." Esmaralda cheered sarcastically taking another drag.

"I need authorisation from Doctor Pryce" The guard stated. He then looked at them unimpressed he then grabbed her cigarette as they walked into the building and put it out.

"What the fuck-"She was cut off by Peter pulling her along.

"You have a whole packet more of them don't complain." Peter sighed out shutting her up.

"Whatever bad mojo you saw in your dream nobody is coming down here." Roman assured them.

"Maybe it is from someone who is down here." Esmaralda suggested with a shrug.

"It couldn't be." Roman denied her thoughts.

"You don't know that Roman." Esmaralda snapped as they walked on following him down the stairs looking for Miranda. "Miranda!" Roman called out looking around they then saw the blood all over the cage and she smiled coyly. "Looks like we have our answer." Esmaralda chimed in.

"Shut up you don't know that" Roman yelled at her on edge. He then stormed off walking down the hallway passing his father Norman with his heart ripped out. Taking a moment to look at that he then quickly moved on the gypsies following close behind.

"Hey cuz you okay?" Destiny asked.

"That dream when we were at your place," Peter stopped and hit Roman two times on the shoulder.

"The roof" Roman whispered before running over to the entrance to the roof with the three others in tow. Roman led the pack as the tallest he was skipping at least three steps. When they had finally made it to the roof they all shouted Miranda.

"You don't want to do this." Destiny tried to reason with her.

"Don't hurt the baby" Roman yelled angrily leaning against the metal fence.

"All I ever did was love you but you should have killed me instead. You were born an angel and I turned you into a monster." Miranda rambled looking down at the baby with sad love in her eyes.

"Miranda get back here." Roman tried again.

"And I never meant to hurt you everything is going to be okay." Miranda concluded gently.

"Listen to me listen to me get back here." Roman tried again. Esmaralda leaned forward.

"Miranda please don't do this, she's just a child." Esmaralda whimpered out watching with horror as Miranda inched closer to the edge.

"So were you once, now you are the most monstrous of us all." Miranda cried out looking back to the baby. "You'll see your real mum soon I'm sorry" Miranda apologised falling off the edge. They all ran after her and Esmaralda pulled Roman away from jumping off the edge. A flying lizard then caught the two saving their lives. Everyone just stood up staring at the creature who looked up at the sky for a long moment. Completely shocked at what they were seeping it then flew off with the two. They all just stared there for the while stunned at the event they had just witnessed. Walking back to the car Peter walked up to Esmaralda and pulled her aside and away from Roman.

"You okay with him?" Peter asked debating if he should be the brother or the best friend. Roman he'd always needed a friend, someone he could confide in and who would always be there for him through all of his flaws. Esmaralda however she'd never needed a brother; she'd always rejected the idea that she needed a man to help her. She'd always wanted to prove she could make it on her own. But the look in her eyes right now, those didn't belong to his sister. These eyes were broken and worn down.

"I'll come by tomorrow. He can't be alone tonight." Esmaralda informed him with a deep sigh before turning away from him walking up to Roman and helping him into the car before getting into the driver's seat driving away with Roman.

"Something isn't right." Destiny muttered noticing the darkness and pain the black magic user held in her composed eyes.

"She's preparing for something." Peter stated his thoughts with a sigh before walking off. When they got to Roman's home Esmaralda helped him out of the car walking him up to his bedroom and then getting two bottles of vodka and then walking up to his bedroom and sitting down next to Roman handing him one which he took drinking from it. The two sat there for the longest moment just drinking. The comfort of just having some close was overwhelming for them at that moment. For them it ranged from wake-up calls to losing the child. It had been a long night. Inching closer to Roman she leaned on him hugging him as his arm wrapped around her holding her close to him. They then fell asleep together that night. It hadn't been the first they fell asleep in each other's arms but they'd never really been fond of doing this with clothes on. When the morning came around Esmaralda drove off to Destiny's and she walked into his bedroom crawling over to him. Peter was sleeping and she watched him until he woke up and stumbled and looked at her. Noticing the tears in her eyes he quickly wrapped his arms around her as she cried into his chest crying herself to sleep.