Chapter 7: "Must have been a drunken wet dream"

Not long that afternoon he took her downstairs with him and then walked her to the car driving to where Peter was waiting for him. Peter climbed into the car and they drove off to the mill.

"How does it feel to have your name on everything?" Peter asked after a sort of silent ride to the mill and they came to a stop reaching a face with vines covering it and an old run down joint.

"Like a fucking pimp." Roman grumbled out annoyed.

"So there is somewhere around back we can park this you know?" Peter asked gesturing to the red attention grabbing car.

"Nobody gives a shit what happens out here." Roman stated getting out of the car.

"Until they do." Esmaralda sighed out getting out of the car. Roman then shrugged walking forward unlocking the gate and continuing into the whole this. Peter then handed the joint Roman had given him to Esmaralda who took a drag and then threw it away. They walked to the side then into the building

"You ever seen this place when it was running?" Peter asked Roman.

"My old man closed it before I was born." Roman stated as they walked through some halls around big broken machines.

"That was such a great explanation Roman. Seriously." Esmaralda muttered sarcastically making Roman frown.

"Fuck off" He spat leading them through the place. "Lots of people died here, workers and shit" Roman stated as they walked into a new section of the building that had water falling from the roof. "You know when you close your ears and sometimes the sound of your heart it like a little man walking through the snow?" Roman asked beginning his useless face whenever they were in a place unusual.

"Yep" Peter agreed walking through the water which made Esmaralda stop and Peter looked to her. "Really? Still such a girl about walking through muddy water?" Peter asked her tauntingly. Esmaralda glared at him.

"They are new shoes asshole not that you'd know you've worn the same shoes for what? 4 years?" Esmaralda sneered questioningly as she trudged through the mud followed by Roman who jumped to the dry patches which his long legs would allow.

"Hey what was that big structure that was outside?" Peter asked looking back at Roman.

"Bessemer converter" Esmaralda answered for Roman.

"At one point it made pig iron into money." Roman exclaimed sucking his lips in as he jumped again. "Do we have any idea what we may be looking for?" Roman asked.

"Drivers licence, social security card, dream journal?" Peter basically blindly guessed as Roman jumped over to the dry concrete. "This is a joke" Peter exclaimed.

"Left or right?" Roman asked Peter.

"I don't know we'll split up. Come on mouse." Peter used his childhood name for her since she'd always been really small and good as causing commotion and making an escape. Esmaralda cringed at hearing that name again hoping Roman wouldn't take notice to it. Peter then walked down with her looking around with his flashlight. "Why were you with Roman?" Peter demanded to know. Esmaralda rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly and then sighed.

"I saw you with Letha at the yogurt place. He would have fucking killed you if he saw you with her out on a sort of date. I was doing you a favour by getting him out of there." Esmaralda spat at him coldly.

"I know okay." Peter muttered.

"You need to sort out your shit with him. You are like an over dramatic married gay couple." Esmaralda scolded him and he grabbed onto her arm.