Chapter 9: "There was nothing on the otherside, not for me''

She then walked into the general store going to buy some red bulls and while she did she saw Peter and Roman walking into the store and she walked up to them. She wrapped her arms around Peter and he smiled hugging her back.

"Where have you been?" Peter asked her.

"Repenting. I have to perform a ritual it take a lot to prepare for one. I'll wait for you two. What's going on?" Esmaralda.

"Christina Wandal is in our car, white hair and all. The Vargulf might be after her." Peter explained to her and she nodded looking around.

"No shit. I'll help." She shrugged uncaringly as Roman placed the cords down on the counter and the man looked at him glaring.

"Oh shit" He muttered looking away. Roman then handed him his card scratching the back of his head.

"Card declined." The man growled out throwing the card down and Roman went to pick it back up.

"Uh I got cash?" Roman offered.

"You want me to call your mother?" he asked.

"No I'm fine" Roman sighed going to walk away from him.

"What the fuck did you do to this guy?" Peter exclaimed genuinely confused.

"We had a uh misunderstanding." Roman muttered and Esmaralda rolled her eyes handing Peter the red bull and walking up to the counter.

"Hi um I really need this cable I can pay if you want I just I need it do you mind I if I can pay for it?" Esmaralda asked kindly but fake and he agreed she paid for it and then walked out with the boys hopping into the car. When she got into the car she looked to Christina and smiled. "Hi girly the hair looks nice on you." Esmaralda complimented her and Peter looked at her with a weird face.

"Stupid bitch" Christina muttered quickly and Esmaralda looked at her confused. When they made it to the old brick place they all walked in and Esmaralda looked around.

"Oh my dust allergies are going to flare up in here." Esmaralda offhandedly commented sneezing and Roman chuckled rubbing her back up and down kissing her head. "Are we in a relationship or something?" She asked quickly.

"No I just like you a lot." Roman stated almost proudly and walked off.

"Are you sure we're safe here?" Christina asked.

"As safe as we're gonna be." Peter remarked.

"You know I kissed you once." Christina laughed out looking to Peter who was taking off his rings. "It was right when you moved here it was my first. I never told anyone that not even the twins. They lost their virginity the summer before and that was all they ever talked about. I wanted the experience it's what writers do. That's why I researched how to turn. But where do you start?" Christina rambled on sadly making Peter pause and look up at her.

"What do you mean how to turn?" Peter inquired. Christina then began to explain her escapades. Researching online to finding a book in the library on it.

"It's like I said experience is a writer's material. And you had so many stories and I wanted my own. I wanted to be as free as you." Christina whimpered looking at him sadly. "I wasn't optimistic I mean why would something like that ever work? I felt pretty silly." Christina said before explaining that she did drink from his paw. Peter and Roman stared at her shocked not knowing what to do. "Then it came the harvest moon."

"Jesus Christ" Peter breathed out. Esmaralda looked over at him in panic. "Wrong moon." Roman then walked over to Letha pushing her away as Peter walked over to Christina. "You need to come with me."

"Okay" Christina took his hand and he directed her away and tied up her hands and tied her up like a prisoner. Esmaralda sat down comfortably waiting for something to happen. Christina then after a while turned into a wolf Peter inches away putting something on his face. Esmaralda watched standing up as the wolf growled at Peter and then ran to him tackling him and going to eat his face. Esmaralda stopped for a long moment knowing that if he died she'd be at peace because she'd have taken his place in death. Letha screamed trying to escape Roman's grip on her. Soon the wolf stopped and Peter stumbled to the ground falling dead. Esmaralda stood up inching away from the scene wiping a quick tear out of the way as the wolf strutted towards them. It'd take a day for him to be alive she reminded herself as the wolf growled at them and Esmaralda inched behind Roman who swung the axe he had in his hand at the wolf with the intent on killing it. Esmaralda felt faint in her head before falling to the ground unconscious. She then sat opposite Peter and they were in their old trailer park before she left him for her boyfriend.

"Why are you here?" Peter asked her quickly. Esmaralda laughed lightly shaking her head.

"Over the years I always had one regret. That I wasn't there for my little twin. So I'm making up for it Peter. I connected my life to yours. So any time you may die your life force feeds off mine." Esmaralda explained to him with a sad smile. Peter looked at his older by a few hours sister and he didn't know what to say. How did you say something to that? A girl you'd always felt betrayed by would die just so he could live.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Peter cussed out angrily. Esmaralda looked to the ground disappointed with herself.

"I choose you Peter, I choose family. No more Roman." Esmaralda informed him with a soft smile right before Peter hugged her. "You are going to do great things Peter and I'll be forgotten in the end of it." She smiled to him and brushed some hair out of his face and he disappeared. Once Peter woke up he took Esmaralda's face in his hands brushing at it as the tears fell freely from his blue orbs as he watched his younger twin lay motionless but still the rise and fall of her chest gave him hope so he brought her to Destiny's when Destiny saw her, her mouth dried and she got him to take her into her room and then checked for a pulse.

"She's still alive." Destiny paused for a moment. She then looked to Peter.

"How?" Peter asked.

"You can ask her she's waking up." Destiny informed him with a sigh. Esmaralda sat up quickly and then turned to the side coughing up her lungs. "Why aren't you dead?"

"The ritual means I'm tied to his life forever unless he turns into a Vargulf. Bringing him back took 30 years off my life. So I must have a long life." Esmaralda shrugged running her hands through her hair.

"Can you leave us alone Peter?" Destiny asked him and he did so knowing this was witch stuff. Destiny sat opposite her holding her hands checking her palms. "Your life line is broken, nearly gone." Destiny whispered shocked since before it'd been deep and a perfect semi-circle. Esmaralda moved her hand away from Destiny.

"I did die." She whispered making Destiny look at her wide eyed. "It was dark and cold. There was nothing on the other side. Not for me. I'm not a good person. He said that." Esmaralda cried out wiping the tears quickly away from her eyes. Destiny held her hand and then pulled her close hugging her.

"You are a good person Esmaralda, who said that?" Destiny asked.

"Everyone. I could hear their voices." Esmaralda whispered her voice breaking and getting out of the bed and throwing up blood on the ground and she then went to clean herself up. Esmaralda walked out of the room and saw Peter sitting on the couch and she sat next to him. "Do you still not trust me?" Esmaralda asked him quickly.

"I don't know." Peter muttered with abittersweet way. Esmaralda nodded in understanding as the window blew the bookhe was reading. Peter then went to call Letha. Esmaralda then left the room tothe kitchen and poured herself a drink knocking it back quickly. e