Chapter 3: "When I left you two, it hurt him more than it hurt you"

Once the morning came she was woken up by the shifting of Roman next to her. Groaning she sat up stretching and getting up walking to the kitchen.

"Morning" Lynda greeted him and he nodded yawning and rubbing his face with his hands. The first thing Roman did was taking a cigarette out and light it. Lynda handed Peter a coffee and he thanked her before going to sit down. Esmaralda then got something from her bag in the bathroom taking some medication and walking back out.

"I'm heading back home to change can I pick you up?" Roman asked pointing to Peter who was already asleep.

"Poor thing the turn really takes it out of him." Lynda muttered in pity as Esmaralda watched carefully what was going on. "Coffee?" Lynda asked.

"School, um can I pick you up?" Roman asked her rubbing the back of his neck looking to Esmaralda who looked at him caught off guard.

"Sure, that'd be nice." Esmaralda agreed and he nodded before walking out. Lynda then stroked Peter's head before moving away. Lynda then looked to Esmaralda.

"I see that look in your eyes again." Lynda smiled gently. Esmaralda looked as if she didn't know what Lynda was talking about. But she did. She felt it in her bones. "You like him." Lynda stated referring to Roman. Esmaralda looked over to Peter and then back to Lynda.

"I don't." Esmaralda denied it all making Lynda smile kissing her temple.

"It's okay sweetie. But I don't know if I can support you two but if you do grow to love him then please be careful he may not be an Upir not completely but he is still one. I will support it if that is what you want." Lynda calmly spoke soothing Esmaralda who was still eyeing a sleeping Peter.

"He'll hate me if I do. I can't risk that Lynda. When I left you two, it hurt him more than it hurt you. I just need to focus on family." Esmaralda sighed out getting ready for the day. She then walked out of the trailer with her bag. She heard the car horn beep and walked up the stairs and got into the car as Roman drove off.

"How's he doing?" Roman asked her quickly.

"Still asleep like a boy in a coma." Esmaralda commented and Roman nodded.

"So um about last night..."Roman started and Esmaralda looked at him with furrowed brows.

"It was a small couch no big deal." Esmaralda shook it off. Roman chuckled.

"I don't usually sleep with a girl without fucking her." Roman informed her and Esmaralda's face turned into a fake grin and she shook her head. Roman looked at her as if she was insane.

"Well I am just honoured." Esmaralda exclaimed faking a cheery voice. Roman chuckled and looked to her with a smirk.

"You should be." He chuckled pulling into school. Esmaralda then saw a guy walking by and smirked at her looking her up and down. Roman noticed and raised an eyebrow looking over at her. "Really?"

"Yes sir" Esmaralda did a mock salute before jumping out of the car and running off to Ashley linking her arms with her and walking into the bathroom and Esmaralda took Ashley's makeup doing it herself.

"You and Roman Godfrey huh?" Ashley asked slightly jealous and Esmaralda laughed loudly.

"No way in this life time." Esmaralda denied it with a smirk and Ashley howled with laughter.

"Oh when girls say that she'll jump into bed with him as soon as she can." Ashley teased her making Esmaralda chuckle and then she applied her mascara.

"I doubt Roman could handle my libido." Esmaralda commented finishing up and placing all the makeup back.

"Oh wow only you would turn down the hottest guy in Hemlock Grove because you are too proud that he likes begging and money." Ashley chimed in as the two walked out of the bathroom.