Chapter 11: "Even as a drunk she's still got a brain"

Season 2:

After 7 months on the road going from place to place then ended up in Ohio for a while. It was the funeral of a family member. Esmaralda holding a bottle of jack Daniels was laughing and dancing around with a few of the younger men that had been invited to the funeral. Taking another swig of her drink which was almost empty she was spun around by a man and as the song ended everyone cheered for the dancing girl and Esmaralda bowed to them. As a man begun to feel her up Lynda dragged her away from the men and put her on a couch where she pouted Esmaralda then ran off going to find another drink and she bumped into a man knowing his drink over his shirt. "Shit" he cursed out and then Esmaralda howled with laughter finding another bottle it was some weird alcohol and Destiny looked at the drunken mess wide eyed. "Esmaralda?" Destiny asked with a grin. Esmaralda howled with laughter and wrapped her arms tightly around her neck and began kissing her cheek over and over again.

"Do I know you?" Esmaralda asked laughing loudly and then she danced off to the music going to the backyard swaying her body and soon the police showed up and started arresting people. Esmaralda watched amused she they did. Peter then got a hold of her and put her into a car and she fell asleep holding a half empty bottle of the weird drink. Destiny then drove the two back to Hemlock Grove. Peter woke her up shaking her lightly. Esmaralda groaned getting up and then she nodded to him before opening the bottle again chugging it and then walking inside of the house finishing off the bottle and finding another one. Destiny watched as the unusually gaunt and slightly more well-tones Esmaralda began starting on a bottle of tequila.

"What the hell is wrong with her?" Destiny asked sitting next to Peter who sighed.

"Esmaralda hasn't put down the bottle for the last seven months. Ever since we left this place. Well when she does put down the bottle she'd popping pills and going to the gym to work out." Peter explained to Destiny who frowned deeply.

"So she's an alcoholic now?" Destiny tried watching as the girl put her ear phones it shaking her hips around dancing and drinking tequila.

"Probably. Whenever Lunda tried to get her to stop she poured the alcohol on the ground and placed a lit match on it. SO we decided not to stop her. She seems happier." Peter explained shortly not really wanting to talk about anything.

"You know I'm not deaf my external portion of the ear and my fleshy visible pinna auricle as well as my tympanic membrane can hear you perfectly." Esmaralda called out laughing loudly drunkly slurring. Destiny shook her head.

"Even as a drunk she's still got a brain." Destiny stated with a frown.

"Yeah you should hear her when she rants. You know she got into Harvard Law, MIT for some physics bullshit and some historical bullshit somewhere else. I don't know what I'm going to do with her. You can look after her right?" Peter asked and Destiny agreed. Later that night Destiny was in the shower and Peter was out. Esmaralda grabbed her purse placing it in her pocket as she jumped out of the house and then started walking to the gym. When she got there she smiled drunkenly.

"Can I sign up for a gym membership?" Esmaralda asked with a wide grin handing over some money. After that she walked out and looked around before heading to the bar. "Bottle of Jack Daniels thanks." Esmaralda asked and they looked at her with a frown and she handed them her fake ID and they then handed it to her and chucked some money down before opening the bottle taking an unflinching swig before getting up and walking out of the bar dancing down the streets of Hemlock Grove. Feeling someone touch her back she turned around smashing a bottle over his head drunkenly. The police then arrested her throwing her in the overnight cell. Esmaralda was singing laughing loudly swaying her head as she fell asleep on the bench. When the morning came around she was told she was given one free call and there was someone who needed to pay bail. "Hey do you have some Tylenol or aspirin or something?" Esmaralda called out looking over to them feeling a splitting migraine from the hangover.