Chapter 21: "the disgustingly perfect rabid dog."

Sitting up and looking around Esmaralda saw is was her juvenile detention cell. She saw herself getting the shit beaten out of her when she first arrived. "A life of thievery didn't teach you how to fight huh?" Maree asked as Esmaralda turned around with pursed lips. Esmaralda flinched watching a girl slamming her head against the metal toilet causing her head to crack open.

"Nope, they hated gypsy trash and they hated rich people. I wasn't rich but I had lived the rich life for a few years." Esmaralda stated sternly with a sigh.

"Why did you start fighting?" She asked.

"Because I didn't want to get beaten up every day. Teenagers as assholes especially criminal female ones." Esmaralda commented watching as she was moved to the medical bay.

"Why did you decide to become the embodiment of darkness?" Maree inquired trying to get the answer she wanted.

"Because Roman and Peter matter more than I do." Esmaralda confessed.

"Then don't worry about the consequences. If I had worried about all of the times I misused what I could do then I wouldn't have been in charge of fate. Fight to kill Esmaralda. It's who you are. Ever since your first moment in that medical bay it's who you are. It always will be. That is why you are in charge of life. You aren't much more than a rabid dog. Perfection." Maree cackled loudly. Esmaralda glared at her punching Maree in the face but she ended up seeing her younger self. The weak, skinny, pathetic little girl.

"You've become perfection, the disgustingly perfect rabid dog. Monstrous in it's beautiful." The younger her laughed loudly. Esmaralda frowned swinging her fist punching the girl over and over again before it all went black. Esmaralda stood still watching Roman fuck Annie and Letha, Miranda and so many more girls. Esmaralda screamed loudly and touched her face seeing she was bleeding black and then saw Roman drop dead along with all of the girls. Esmaralda woke up from the dream screaming an ear piercing scream and she heaved looking around and then turning to the side throwing up black blood sitting back up. She looked to see Roman next to some Asian guy.

"Who the fuck are you?" Esmaralda asked coldly.

"I am Dr Johann Pryce, and Roman took you here because all your scars had opened up. I am quite shocked to see them all return to scars again." Johann stated with a frown looking at her anomalies.

"Common shit for me. I need a drink." Esmaralda groaned and then moved swinging her legs off the bed and getting out taking all of the cords out of her.

"I think you should stay for observations make sure it won't happen again." Johann stated concerned.

"No I no, look it's common for me to go through this sort of stuff. I cut myself, I get a scar it bleeds black its gone. Look it's got magic so no big deal. If it's self-inflicted then it can't kill me." Esmaralda tried to explain to him. Taking the gown off it showed her naked sighing she bent down picking up her clothes getting dressed and then turning back to them. "Thank you for the concern Johann but I need to get going, Roman you are taking me home." Esmaralda ordered and Roman nodded placing his hand on the small of her back directing her out of the house. He then helped her back into the house pausing when he saw Annie.

"Well I didn't expect to see you here again." Roman spat crossing his arms as Esmaralda walked past him to get a drink and take the painkillers.

"I just came to say goodbye." Annie stated looking over at him with a wine glass in her hand. Roman scoffed which turned into a laugh.

"Yeah that's what you said last night before you fucked me like a honey badger." Roman grit through his teeth looking at her coldly.

"I thought we could part civilly like adults." Annie commented laughing to herself.