Chapter 10: "It'll be okay little mouse"

Roman then walked out of Destiny's place sternly pressing his hands on his face.

"What's up?" Roman barely got out. Peter threw his arms up grinning.

"Birth-day" Peter said and the two them grinned and said 'Sheeit' hugging each other as Destiny clapped her hands jumping up and down. Esmaralda smiled walking over to them.

"Give her my best babies are awesome." Destiny cheered sitting down.

"We should go out come on you too." Roman directed at Peter and Esmaralda. Destiny then grabbed Roman's hand.

"Still to be the still point in a turning world is a warrior's greatest feat." Destiny ambiguously spoke confusing everyone.

"Anything else?" Roman asked her.

"GO" She ordered and the three walked out of the room and drove to the hospital. Esmaralda then walked off to go and find some coffee. The boys were lighting up cigars blowing smoke into the air when she walked in.

"Uncle Roman" Roman muttered into the air as Esmaralda sat between the two boys as Peter laughed.

"God help us" Peter muttered inhaling the cigar.

"Daddy Peter" Esmaralda chimed in looking up at the roof. "God help us." She taunted as Roman handed her the cigar which she took one puff from.

"Anything from D?" Peter asked making Roman shake his head.

"Dead end" Roman muttered softly.

"Are you completely sure she's still even out there?" Peter asked looking over to Roman.

"I know she is it's like in the fall you know the dreams we were having? I see her sometimes in dreams. Not in dreams I've been trying it on myself." Roman shared with him nervously. Roman pointed towards his eyes making the two Rumancek sit up quickly. "I look into the mirror and I tell myself to see her and things cloud over but there's light. Lights and an angel that angel is her it's her. And she'd trying to tell me something but I can only just hear her. What she's saying it is you must make your heart steel. What do you think it means?" Roman asked shouting out into the voice with the question causing Peter to look away. Esmaralda knew that look he was thinking of what Destiny had told him about Roman's future.

"Can you make yourself cluck like a chicken?" Peter asked with a pathetic smile. Roman then sighed annoyed. "I don't know."

"You know in the chapel when you did what you did how were you not afraid?" Roman asked him quickly.

"I've never been more afraid of anything in my life but I could never have done it if I hadn't have you there for me." Peter shared patting Roman on the back making Roman look down smiling.

"Fucking angels" Roman called out. Soon Peter had fallen asleep obvious being more tired than he would have cared to admit with everything. Roman turned to Esmaralda who'd come back from finding a bin and sat down next to him. "What happened to you?" Roman asked her.

"I died. I preformed this ritual do connect my life to Peter's so if he died then I could die instead and he'd steal my life. 30 years of it. I'd die for a while and then I'd wake up and wait until the next time he dies. It's a Celtic ritual. Black magic. I didn't think I'd come back from the dead. You know with this ritual it traps you in your own personal hell because you fucked with fate." Esmaralda informed him wiping her forehead and Roman then leaned back letting her head rest on his chest.

"What was your hell like?" Roman asked her bluntly.

"It was dark and cold, everyone I cared about me were basically confirming all of my insecurities." Esmaralda confessed playing with his hands. Roman kissed the top of her head hugging her closer.

"You know I wasn't fucking around when I said I liked you." Roman shared again going out on a limb. Esmaralda chuckled shaking her head.

"I wasn't fucking around when I said that I'm bad at relationships. But I guess meeting you, you are a good person, you are beautiful inside and out...I think I want to give it a try." She confessed to him chuckling as she leaned up kissing him slowly before moving away from him. "The night you OD-ed you raped Ashley." Esmaralda shared sternly and Roman nodded.

"I'm sorry I did. I did a lot of fucked up shit and I didn't mean to hurt her." Roman apologised and she nodded.

"As long as Ashley can't remember I'm fine with it." She shared with him and he smiled down at her bringing his lips against hers and then Roman's hands went around her waist bringing her closer to him before she moved away and he looked at her confused before Peter got up walking towards a door. Roman got up following him trying to see what was wrong. 'CODE OMEGA CODE OMEGA ALL STAFF TO THE METERINTY WARD' something called out. The two boys were sitting down against the wall knowing what it meant. Letha was dead. She was dead and the two boys who loved her, they were broken boys. Both as broken as each other. Esmaralda reached over to him holding him close to her as he cried into her shoulder hugging her tightly. Watching Roman sob quietly she didn't know what to do. She wanted to be there for both of them but she couldn't. Life didn't work like that. Not hers anyway. The broken boys, Peter was ready to give up his life become a father and a damn good one at that. They'd gone home after that with Esmaralda packing the car Lynda walked up to he.

"Peter will be here soon. We have to go." Lynda shared with her as Esmaralda stared at the Godfrey home remembering all of the wonderful times she'd spent with Roman. "You can still stay if you want."

"No I chose my family." Esmaralda whispered turning away from the mansion and going to walk up the stairs. Lynda rubbed her back.

"It'll be okay little mouse. Peter needs us." Lynda whispered as Esmaralda got in the car with Peter getting in after her. Looking out of the window she watched the town fly past wondering to herself if she'd ever have the guts to come back. Getting out her phone Esmaralda went to check for anything from Roman only to find that she hadn't gotten anything in a long time. Her mind wondered to Roman he'd been one of the best things that had ever happened to her since coming here. It was family. It always had to be family. Nothing in her mind made anymore sense. She'd died for family. That couldn't have been for nothing right?

END OF SEASON 1