1 - Junior Year

Riley.

Hello I'm Riley Dayes, I am a Junior this year. There's nothing much to know about me actually, I have a older brother, Roy who's in college, and I'm best friends with Shawn Mendes. Shawn and I have been friends for 2 years now and we clicked right away after realising we had 4 classes together. Today's my first day of being a junior, but I'm not too excited about it as, lets just say I'm not the popular girls in school.

I wake up and get on with my daily routine to school . I rolled in bed while scrolling through social media before getting up to brush my teeth, applying light make up, picking out an outfit and eating breakfast. I decided to wear a yellow top with black ripped jeans and vans to complete the look. As I was eating the pancakes my mum made, my phone in my pocket chimed, it was from Shawn. "What's taking you so long? You're late for your first day of school!!" I roll my eyes at my phone and giggle, why does he always like to be punctual? "On my way Mr goody-two-shoes" I type as I say goodbye to my mother and give her a kiss on my cheek. I opened the door and see a strange looking car parked outside the neighbours garage, they must've sold the house and some family must be moving in. The previous neighbours were so loud and noisy all the time so I don't look forward to the new neighbours, they'll probably be the same.

I looked straight at Shawn and smiled while he was standing at my driveway. Shawn wore a plain white tee , a red checkered shirt unbuttoned and black jeans with vans. I muttered to myself "woah" as i never really noticed how cute Shawn looked in that checkered shirt. "Lets go Riley" he exclaimed as I stood beside him. Shawn then points at the new neighbours car and says "I wonder how they'll be like. Probably annoying and obnoxious like the others." I laughed and nodded, he was right, the students who went to our high school were all like that. We hopped into his Jeep and drove away to school.

"What's your first period Dayes?" "My first class is Chemistry with Mr Furgerson, you?" "Same!" We then head to class together, accidentally rubbing arms constantly. He opened the door and gestured me to go in first, he's such a gentleman. I sighed and Shawn places his hand on my shoulder and gives me a reassuring smile. I get slightly nervous when I'm around new people and Shawn understands that. "I'll always be by your side Riley. I walk in first and Shawn follows after, we found 2 empty seats at the back of the class and walk towards them. "Take your seats." Said Mr Furgerson. Shawn looks at me again as we're seated and gives me 2 thumbs up, i smile and notice my cheeks feeling hot. Seems like this year is gonna be special.

Mr Furgerson's class was so boring because he kept going on and on about his education life which honestly had nothing to do with Chemistry so we ended passing notes and 'analysizing' the people in our class.

"Hey dont you think that blonde girl in red is pretty?" I ask.
"Not my type" He answers.
"What is your type then" realising that although we've been friends since freshman year, i still dont know what kind of girls he like.
"Hmm i dont know, probably someone down to earth and witty" he answers after thinking about it carefully. I wink at him and he smirks, "What is your type" now he's the one asking, "I've never thought about this but probably someone im comfortable around"
"Oh i see" he nods and smiles alittle.

The bell suddenly rings and everyone rushes out of class leaving just me and Shawn in the classroom. Mr Furgerson walks to us and sighs "Was my class that boring?" We turn to look at each other and i bite my lips, i tend to have the habit when i need to lie, Shawn shrugs and says "It was fine, it could use a little fun though" he shoots his award-winning smile to him and turns to me and gives me a thumbs up and i chuckle. "I'll put your advice to mind" he says putting his hands together. We both get up and say goodbye and head to our class.

After finding out that we have different classes next i pout and wave goodbye at and he winks at me as we part ways. I forgot how it felt like going to school and not being around Shawn, we spent our whole summer together and it was amazing. Will i be able to handle being alone in a new class? Im not very sure, but i have to.