9 - Feelings and Kisses

Riley.

After school

As I laid in my bed I think about everything that happened in school today. All the butterflies Ive been feeling in my tummy when Shawn smiles at me. We've been friends for 2 years now but why all of a sudden am I getting all these weird feelings and thoughts when I'm around him? I probably just care about him a lot that's why. I decide to take a nap because all the thinking about Shawn was making me feel very tired. I turn my body sleeping sideways not facing the window which was shinning streams of the sun.

----

After waking up from my nap I rubbed my eyes a little and to my surprise it was getting dark outside. The sun had just gone away and a little of the moon had just came up. I grab my phone which was on the bedside table to see that Shawn has called me 3 times. Curious, I call him back without hesitation. He picked up the phone after the first ring. That boy was pretty fast.

R: hey you called? Sorry I was sleeping.
S: aren't you always
I rolled my eyes and giggled but only to realise he can't see me.
R: so what's up?
S: can I come over? I need to talk to you, it's good news don't worry.
R: yeah sure
S: see ya
R: the doors open

I hang up. What was so important that he needed to see me personally just to tell me? Why couldn't he just text me the good news?

----

A few minutes later I hear Shawn greeting my mum followed by footsteps on the stairs and my door opening. I sit up and gesture him to come and sit beside me and he does so.

"What's the news?" I ask and chuckle "So I discovered an app last night called vine and I posted a cover of me singing 'As Long As You Love Me by Justin Bieber' and when I got back home today I was flooded with notifications and got thousands of likes and followers!" He say after catching his breath

"That's great! My best friends a famous Viner now!" I exclaim and hug him. He hugs me back and we pull apart after a good 10 seconds. I look at him and he looks at me not breaking any eye contact. He licks his lips and looks at mine. He slowly pulls his head close to me and cups his big hands on my small cheeks and kisses me softly on the lips. I kiss him back and I feel my stomach tighten and whirl around in circles. I pull away and mutter "woah" he looks at me face flushed and apologises "oh my god I'm so so sorry I didn-" I cut him off and say "it's okay" I gave him a reassuring smile and he smiles back at me. "I gotta go back home for dinner, I'll see you tomorrow." He says and rushes out my room. My feelings for him just shot up by a thousand and I don't know what to do anymore. The way that he kissed me made me feel like he feels the same way i do. Which was that we both wanted to be more than friends. Oh god I hope I'm reading the signals right.

Authors note!

Is the story paced too fast?? Let me know pleaseeee I really need your help :))

I'm on holiday rn and my Teachers gave me a lot of work even though it's just a week of break which is stressing me out urghhh

hope yall are having a good time though!! AND THE ILLUMINATE WORLD TOUR HAS STARTED YALLS !! HES performing at Manila tonight!! Whoever is going any of his concerts have fun and be safe alrightsss I'm so jealous of you guys :( when will that boy come to Singapore haiz but it's ok I support him all the way