26 - Hospital

Riley.

I woke up with his arm wrapped around my waist. I loved this feeling. I'm glad i decided to stay for the night. At first, I thought it was going to be awkward because we had just spilled out our secrets to each other. But I'm grateful that we cleared the air and made up. I still feel the electricity in my lips from our kiss last night.

I slowly reached out for my phone on the bedside table and notice my phone filled with notifications from both Darren and my mom.

D: Hey, can we talk?
D: I just want to apologise for what i did to you.
D: Please?

M: Can you please go to the hospital?
M: Darren got into an accident.

(D stands for Darren and M stands for Mom)

After reading the texts, I slowly pulled myself out of Shawn's embrace. As much as i want to stay and cuddle with Shawn, i need to be there for Darren, he's still a friend, a stupid one. I debated on waking Shawn up and asking him to go to the hospital with me but i scratched that thought away. Shawn and Darren don't have the best relationship and it'll just make things awkward. I quickly write down "Sorry there's an emergency - Riley" on a sticky note and pasted it on his phone and left.

I said goodbye to his parents and Aaliyah, and quickly ran to the bus stop to go to the hospital. I tried to call Darren but he didn't pick up. I hope he's okay, a part of me feels guilty that he could've gotten into the accident because of me.

Once i reached the hospital, i asked the receptionist "Where's Darren Smith's room?" "Can i get your name?" She asks monotonously. "Riley Dayes." "He's in room 401" "Thanks." I say in a rush and head towards the elevator. I press level 4 and am tapping my foot. I'm really nervous to meet Darren, i don't know what happened to him but I have a bad feeling about this.

"Room 401" i repeat to myself as i scan for the room. When i found the room, i quickly opened the door and see his parents sitting on the sofa, and Darren lying on the hospital bed with an arm cast and scratches on his face. "Oh my god Darren!" I exclaim as soon as i see him. "Hey Riley" he says with a smile. How can he be smiling when he just got into an accident? "What happened? Are you alright?" "Mom, Dad could you give us some privacy?" He asks and his parents hug me before leaving the room.

"I'm so sorry Darren, i didn't see your texts." I apologise. "It's okay, I should be the one apologising. I'm the jerk who kissed you while being drunk." He says while looking into my eyes. "So what happened?" "Well, after u didn't reply, i felt like i needed some fresh air. So i went for a drive. And the next thing i know i ran a red light, and a car came crashing into mine. It's my fault, everything is." He sighs. I sat down next to him on the bed, i knew it was because of me that he's in this state, I should've answered his texts. As if he read my mind, he tells me "Riley, it's not your fault okay? Please don't beat yourself up about it." I nod and let the tears roll down my face.

Darren's a good guy, i know it. Although he made a drunk mistake of kissing me, i know he didn't mean to hurt me. "I forgive you, about the kiss." I tell him and he smiles. "Thank you Riley." He says and we hug.

The door suddenly swings open and there's an angry Shawn shouting "What the fuck!" Oh no, why did he have to catch us hugging, he's definitely going to get the wrong idea.

Author's Note!

Sorry i had to end this chapter with a cliffhanger hehe. Hope y'all are liking the book so far! I love you guys <3