16 - Mornings & Swings

Riley.

I felt soft kisses on my shoulders and my neck. I woke up a little but still had my eyes closed and I smiled to myself. Shawn must be trying to wake me up. He kisses the back of my neck and his grip on my waist tightens as he pulls me closer. Shawn puts a few strands of my hair behind my ear and whispers with his raspy morning voice "I know you're awake baby" i chuckle and shake my head wanting to stay in this position for long. I turn my body around to face him and put my arms around his neck and play with his hair while staring into his eyes. "You look beautiful" he says in awe and I blush and playfully pull his hair. "You look not so bad yourself" I say and he rolls his eyes. We both stayed like that for awhile staring into each other's soul without saying anything and just enjoying the moment.

He then slowly turns me onto my back and him hovering on top of me, he laughs and leans in "No S-Shawn I haven't brush my teeth" I say and turn my face before he can kiss my lips. He gives a peck on my cheek and work his way down to my jawline and then to my neck. He stops and i feel him smile into the crook of my neck.

I push him off and get up and turn around and smile before walking off to the bathroom. I quickly put my hair into a messy bun, and started brushing my teeth and washing up.

I came out of the bathroom 10 minutes later and Shawn was gone from the bed. I walk out of the room and head to the living room but he was no where to be seen. I walk to the kitchen as well and still no signs of him. Suddenly, i hear a squeak coming from the backyard, i walk out and see him playing with the small swing set and kicking a pebble. I walk up to him and sat on the empty swing beside. I start swinging but i stop when i hear a sniffle from him. I turn to face him and i see his face all red and his eyes all watery.

"Whats wrong?" i ask him as i rub my hands on his shoulders. "Im scared" he mutters. "Of?" i ask. "I dont want to leave you." he said with a slow breath. "What do you mean?" i ask, clearly confused. "I love you Dayes, i really do" "I love you too Mendes" "B-but we need to break" I stare at him blankly as his tears started rolling down his cheeks. "I wont be seeing you for 2 weeks." "We can work this out" i say trying to convince him. "Remember when I first came over and you gave me a house tour? You told me that this swing is where you'd stay when you were alone during middle school and that you were glad to have me and kissed me on the cheek." "Of course i remember" "That was when i knew i fell in love with you Riley, we've never been apart for this long and now we have to. I-i cant do this." i start crying as well and he stands up "Im really sorry i have to do this to you but this is for you. Stay happy Riley. I promise to keep in touch." Im pretty sure i was bawling my eyes out at this point because i couldnt believe my everything was leaving me. "I should probably go back home and start packing for tomorrow, i have a lot to do." i nod and he leaves. I stay rooted on the swing set still crying my eyes out. He's gone. He's really gone.