19- Busy at Magcon

Shawn.

*2 weeks later*

I wonder how Riley is doing. As crazy as it seems I've been really busy, doing magcon, going for interviews, meeting fans and performing, let's just say it's been a really eventful 2 weeks. The craziest part is I never had the time to text Riley and she seems busy to not be able to text me as well. I hope she's okay.

I check her instagram and my heart sinks when I see a picture of her and Darren together hugging and smiling. They look so happy, I couldn't help but feel jealous. Yes I know i wanted her to find someone better, anyone would be alright except Darren. I go to his Instagram and I check it out and see that he's posted many photos with Riley. One that really pushed my buttons was the one where they were holding hands and he captioned it "❤️". That should've been me, that should've been my photo, my caption but I let her go, it's my fault.

If you're wondering why I dislike Darren so much it's because he was my kindergarten best friend. Yeah shocker am I right? Well basically I was getting bullied by an older guy and Darren just stood there watching me and started laughing and walked away. I was really hurt by what he did, i trusted him, I really did but he wasn't there for me. I never stayed in contact with him after that incident because number 1 he moved out of the neighbourhood after kindergarten, lucky for me, and number 2 I was really scarred by what he did I don't think I can look at him the same way.

Thank god I met Riley when I moved away to New York after middle school, she was the sweetest and most awesome person I met and she has always been there for me since the start. I told her about the bullying story and she cried, she promised to stay with me forever and I believed her and she has kept up to that promise so far before the magcon thing. Yes I told her the story but I didn't mention my "best friends" name or anything so she has no clue at all. I kind of hope Darren doesn't bring it up to Riley or else she's going to kill me that I didn't tell her and that she had to find out from someone other than me.

I lock my phone and stare at it, should i text her or not? I was snapped out of my thoughts when Matt called me "Shawn! We're leaving soon!" "Oh um okay" I reply. I check the time and realise that Magcon is starting soon, I grab a pair of black berms and a grey singlet and head down.

I hope Magcon will clear my thoughts about Riley. I fake a smile before I get out of the elevator "you've got this Shawn"

***

Riley.

It's been 2 weeks, Shawn and I haven't talked much, the only time he texted me was before his first magcon and that's about it. I feel really empty. I miss him so much but I can't tell him that. I hope he's okay. Ive been kind of busy, studying for my tests and hanging out with Darren. Well I'm pretty sure Shawn is way busier than I am. Today is my lazy day so I pretty much just laid in bed all day and watched Netflix. I was getting bored so I decided to stalk Shawn on instagram a little.

I saw many photos of him and the other boys, he looks so happy, he's smiling like an idiot. Oh how I miss that smile of his. I go to his tagged photos and I noticed many of his fans took photos with him and tagged him. I saw this one photo that really pushed my buttons and is was where he was kissing a girls cheek, a part of me is happy that he is happy but a part of me is jealous I'm not the girl he's kissing. "She's just a fan" I kept telling myself but I just can't help but overthink. What if she isn't just a fan? What if she is his new Girlfriend? But he let me go and I should move on.

I lock my phone and stare at it, should I text him or not? I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone beeped, Darren had texted me wanting me to come over because he wanted to talk. He's been wanting to talk to me for awhile but I've been pushing him away, I was scared he'd confess to me or something, I don't want our friendship to be ruined. I sighed because i know that he won't give up and keep asking if we can talk so i type out an "okay" and head down.

I get on his doorstep and fake a smile. "You've got this Riley"