21 - Crazy Drunken Party

Riley.

It was the next day, when i woke up, the first thing i did was to check my phone but no notifications from Shawn. Is he avoiding me or is he busy? I brush my thoughts away and carried on with my day.

One of our classmates was having a birthday party and invited all of us over. I'm not that close to Benjamin, he seemed like a player at first but he's actually nice after getting to know him. His parents are away for a trip so he decided to throw a party.

The party was crazy. When me and Darren arrived, there was loud music blasting all over the house and many different drinks were available from soda to alcohol. I didn't want to get in a mess so I just stayed in a corner of the living room. But Darren, wow I didn't know he was such a party animal. Drinks after drinks of alcohol. We were supposed to stick to each other through out the party but he's having too much fun by himself and I don't want to join him.

We made eye contact across the room and I gave him a disgusted look. He walked over to me sugglishly and he pushed me up the wall. "Darren!" I exclaimed but he moved his hands to my cheeks and pressed his lips against mine violently. I tried to push away but he was too strong and too drunk. After he pulled away, he smirked at me but I slapped him and he just stood there shocked. I bump his shoulder and stormed out of the house. I said goodbye to Benjamin one last time and head towards my house. There was no way I was staying there any longer.

When i reached home, I was crying my eyes out. I'm feeling so confused, i love Shawn but why does Darren have to come and kiss me and make things complicated. I quickly changed out of my jeans and top, into my pyjamas and turned on my sad Spotify playlist. I started singing my heart out until i felt tired and went to bed.

———
Darren.
(Wow a POV you never expected huh)

I woke up feeling really hungover, i pressed my hand against my forehead, rubbing my temples to try and ease the pain. I knew i shouldn't have drank so much but I just couldn't help it. I felt so guilty that Riley didn't know anything about what happened between Shawn and I, which was why I wanted to drink my sorrows away. I rubbed my eyes and headed downstairs. I quickly gulped down a glass of water and hopped into the shower to get rid of the hangover. After getting dressed, I felt better but i suddenly have this flashback of me kissing Riley. Oh god, I hope I didn't do anything stupid.

I decided to give Riley a call to see if it was a dream or a reality, but she didn't pick up. Maybe shes busy. I decided to go down and heat up the leftovers from yesterday to eat for lunch as my stomach grumbled really loudly. I must have been really hungry because i chowed down the food in lightning speed, damn it why cant i recall anything from last night. I tried calling Riley again after i ate but she didn't answer again. This time I knew she was avoiding me so i peeked out the window and saw the lights on. I grabbed my house keys, wore my sandals, and walked over to her house to talk if she was home, i mean, no harm in trying right? I just need to know if i made a mistake.

My hands knocked on the door and it swings open. "Hey Darren, how are you?" Mrs Dayes greets me. "I'm fine, thank you. Is Riley home?" I ask. She then calls out for Riley and i hear her coming down. I take a deep breathe and smile. Once Riley saw me, she rolled her eyes, shit i think i fucked up. Her mom leaves us to talk on her deck.

"What do you want Darren?" She spits. "I just wanted to come over and apologise." "Do you even remember what you did?" She ask and I shake my head. "I have visions here and there but I'm not sure." I tell her. "Well, you drank till you got drunk as hell and you kissed me Darren." "I'm so sorry Riley, I didn't mean to hurt you." I say as tears started forming in my eyes. "Well, the damage is done." She says and turns back into her house.

My tears start streaming down my face when reality hit me. What have i done? I liked Riley ever since i met her but i kept my distance because of Shawn. I knew he still hadn't forgive me and I didn't want to be the reason for breaking them apart. I have been doing such a good job before Shawn left but I just couldn't stop myself from hanging out with her. She's such a great person to be around with, super genuine and funny, unlike the rest of the people in this town. Now shes never going to forgive me also for kissing her while being drunk.

Authors Note!

Ooooh do you ship Shawley or Darley?
Also if you like this book please help to vote, it really means a lot to me!