29 - Britney

Riley.

I texted Shawn saying he could come over now. I don't know why but I'm slightly nervous, maybe its because we haven't seen each other this past week. I've been pretty busy taking care of Darren and finishing my work as school is starting again soon. I'm happy that Shawn's coming over because I've missed him dearly, I'm hoping things wont be awkward.

Shawn steps in the room and throws himself on the bed. "Hello to you too." I say as i finish keeping the clothes into my closet. "Come here, i got good news to tell you." He says as he pats the bed. I walk over and sit on the bed, "What's the good news?" "So, I've been writing a song." "Can i hear it?" "Not yet, its not finished. Once it's finished, you'll be the first to hear it. I promise." That made my heart swoon, I'm glad that he puts me first. "Okay, can i get a sneak peak?" I say as i nudge him slightly but he shakes his head. "Fine." I reply.

It was almost 6pm and we were both hungry, so we decided to order chinese food takeout. As we waited for the food, we played some video games on my computer. It was so funny seeing how Shawn would get so frustrated when i won. Too bad he's a competitive person but suck at gaming. In the middle of the game, the door bell rang. "I'll get it." Shawn says and leaves. As i was clearing my table to make space for the food, his phone lit up. I peaked at the phone and saw a notification from Britney saying "Last night was fun. We should do it again!" What the hell? Did he move on that quick? Did that kiss we shared after he came back mean nothing? Am i the only one who had hopes that we'd get back together eventually?

I knew it was wrong of me to have read that text, but it ruined the mood. I was having fun with Shawn, and i know he was too. When he came back, he saw me staring at his phone blankly. "The food's here." He says as i continue to stare. "What happened?" He asks. "Britney texted." I say with no emotions. His eyes widen and he says "Oh." He puts down the food, and grabs his phone off of me. "It's okay, we're not together. You can do whatever you want." I remind him. "It's not what you're thinking Ri. But who are you to judge me, when you've been hanging out with Darren all week. And the day i want to come over, you push me aside and put me as your second choice?" He bursts.

I had nothing to say. Shawn was right. I shouldn't have read the text in the first place, and even more assume what happened between him and Britney. He was also right, about how i chose to hang out with Darren first over him. I looked down and sighed, i was also disappointed in myself. "You're right. But i was already hanging out with Darren when you texted me. You can't expect me to drop everything and wait for you to come over." "Why not? You've been hanging out with him all week! You cant even spare a day for me?" He raises his voice slighty, ouch. That hurt my feelings, because its not like that. He should know how guilty i feel about Darren getting into an accident, he shouldn't be blaming me for wanting to take care of a friend.

"Who knows what you've been doing this past week anyways. Oh i know, hanging out with Britney the bitch." I shout. I know that was low of me, but i felt angry. "She's not a bitch." He says and i get even angrier, how can he be defending her? "Get out!" I yell. Shawn rolls his eyes and stomps out of the room.

I had no appetite to eat anymore so i slammed my head into my pillow and screamed to let my frustrations out. We've been friends for 2 years, but we've never fought like this. It breaks my heart to argue with him, and I'm sure it hurts him too. I just wish things would go back to the way it was. Before all this drama with Darren and Britney.

After an hour of laying in bed, i felt more calm. I grab the cold chinese food takeout and walk to Shawn's house. It was a 15 minutes walk to his house but it gave me the time to reflect. We were both in the wrong.

I knock on the door, and Aaliyah opens the door. "Riley!" She calls and hugs me. "Shawn's not home right now though." She says and my heart drops. Where could he be? I hope he's not with Britney. "T-thanks. Do you know where he is?" I ask shakily. "Sorry, I don't." "It's okay, thanks Aaliyah. I'll see you soon." I tell her and quickly rush out.

I throw the chinese food away, and walk to the park. I lost any appetite to eat, and i felt like taking a walk to collect all my thoughts. I wanted to apologise to him for assuming things, and i just want to clear things up. I hate this.

Authors note!

Sorry to end things off with a cliffhanger, gotta keep y'all on your toes. Also I've been learning the piano by myself lately and I'll say its been going well! I can play a few songs of Shawn's which I'm very proud of hehe. How are y'all spending your quarantine?