33 - Roy's Home

Riley.

"Oh my god Roy, you scared the shit out of me!" I cry. "Oh hey Ri!" He exclaims and opens his arms for a hug. I walk up to him and give him a hug. "What are you doing home?" I ask. "Well it's almost your birthday, so i came home to surprise you!" He says while messing with my hair. "Well, you certainly surprised me." I tell him while showing him the taser in my hand. He laughs and puts his hands up in the air. "Next time, i promise i won't surprise you anymore." "There won't be a next time." I say jokingly while pretending to use the taser on him.

My brother and I always had a close relationship. He was very overprotective of me back when i was in middle school, and was practically a loser. I was very shy, and wouldn't talk much, causing me not to have any friends. But i was fine with that because i would rather be alone than to have fake friends. After i went to high school, everyone was surprised that i brought home a friend. Roy was wary of Shawn at first but put his guard down once he knew how amazing he was. And according to him, he'd knew we'd always be a thing. I don't really have the heart to tell him that Shawn and I broke up, because i know he would fight Shawn for that.

"How's you and Shawn?" Great, can he read minds now? "We're good." I lie. "Has he got any plans for your birthday this weekend?" Shit, i totally forgot about my birthday. "I'm sure he does." I say with a fake smile. "Okay, let me know the plan, I'm tagging along." He tells me and goes up to his room to unpack.

I sit in the living room and turn on my phone to text Shawn.

R: Roy's home.
S: Awe, I've missed him!
R: I didn't tell him that we broke up.
S: Oh.
R: Can we pretend that everything's fine? At least until he goes back for college.
S: Yeah sure.
R: Btw, i told him you made plans for me this weekend for my birthday. Do you have anything planned?
S: I actually did plan something for you, guess you caught me.
That made me laugh, our humour was practically the same.
R: Great, he's tagging along.
R: Thanks Shawn for doing this.
S: Of course, anything for you.

I'm not looking forward to this weekend. Despite that it's my birthday, i know it would suck to pretend to be Shawn's girlfriend, but I'm doing the right thing. It's better that Roy thinks that we're together anyways, he would kill Shawn if he knew he broke my heart twice. Like i said, Roy was always an overprotective brother.

———

Days passed and it's now the weekends. My parents and brother came into the room singing happy birthday to me, and giving me a breakfast in bed experience which i was very thankful for. The whole week, all i could think about was today. How things would be acting like Shawn and I are still together. Things are better now, he would pick me up and drive me to school as usual. We don't talk as much as we used to, but that's fine considering how our friendship was almost falling apart by all the drama.

After breakfast, i got out of bed and hit the showers. Shawn said that he would pick us up at 11, and it was currently almost 10.30. I decided to wear my black shorts with a nice off the shoulder yellow top. I packed my bag, and sprayed some perfume. I knocked on Roy's door and shouted "Are you ready?" He opens the door, dressed in blue jeans and a white top with the words 'freedom' written on it. "Let's go!" He exclaims and we head downstairs. Almost instantly, the door bell rang. Shawn's here.

Roy opened the door and they greet each other. Shawn handed me the a bouquet of baby breath's which he knew was my favourite flower. It reminded me of the day he came home after magcon and gave me baby breath's as well. I dried them up, and they're in a vase in my room. I put the flowers down on the counter and thank him. He kisses me on the cheek, and holds my hand. I felt the electricity when we touch, I've missed that feeling. I wish that this wasn't all pretend, and was real. I'm excited to see what he has planned for us today but I'm nervous about how things would go about, us pretending to be a couple and acting like everything's fine.