20 - Stealing You

Riley.

I open his door and I hear him shout "bedroom!" and so I head up, my breath quickens as I'm nervous at what he wants to talk about. "Hey" I say awkwardly looking down at my toes once I reached his bedroom door. "Come on in" he says and I walk towards him slowly, looking around the room, avoiding eye contact. "It's been a few weeks since Shawn left and I've always wanted to talk to you about this." Oh no oh no this doesn't sound good. I nod my head and play with my fingers. He notices me playing around and he holds my hand and tilts my chin up so I'm facing him. "D-does Shawn hate me?" He asks, frowning a little. "I don't think so, why?" I shrugged. "Oh i thought he would hate me." "Why would he?" "Because he might think I've stolen you from him!" he exclaims and mumbles something under his breath but I couldn't hear. "I'm sure he knows that you're not stealing. Besides, why would he think that?" I say as I let go of his hands. "I think you should ask him that." he scratches he head. "Why can't you tell me?" I ask angrily. His furrows his eyebrows and say "Trust me, you will want to hear it from Shawn, not me." "Well I better head back home and continue studying." I lied, i didn't want to stay any longer. "Oh did I disturb you? I'm so sorry." he apologises. I shake my head "No no it's fine, I was taking a break" I scoffed and walk out. He sighs and shouts "Fuck!" as i left the house.

Why would Shawn think Darren's stealing me away from him? He broke up with me, theres nothing to steal. I wonder what he mumbled under his breath, I wish he just said it a little louder, a little clearer. Now I can't get what he was trying to say off my mind.

After trying to sleep for a good 30 minutes, i just couldnt fall asleep. I rolled around in bed, tried sleeping in different positions but nothing worked. I got out of bed and head to the kitchen looking for some snacks to eat. Snacks always cheers me up. I open my cupboard and look through and see a box of fruit loops. I dont remember buying any? Im not really a big fan of fruit loops but Shawn is. (lets pretend he is) I grab it anyways and i found a note on the back of it.

The note read "Hey I hope you think of me while eating this - Mendes" I chuckle after reading, he's so adorable. That was when it hit me, I loved Shawn, I don't think I'll be able to get over him. I grab the fruit loops and pour it into a bowl followed by adding milk. While eating I decided to grow the courage to text Shawn to see if he can talk. I have so many questions for him that i want answers. After eating and many hours of Netflix, still no reply. I scream into my pillow to let out all my frustrations.

Since Shawn wouldn't text or call me, I decided to call Darren.

D: Hello Ri?
R: Hey. Um I'm sorry about just now, I was just really confused and frustrated.
D: It's okay
R: I wish I knew what was going on between you two. Shawn's my boyfr- best friend and you're my good friend. Please I just want to know.
D: I really can't tell you but I just dont wait to hurt Shawn again.
R: Again?
D: He'll explain it to you.
R: Okay, thanks for trying Darren.
D: Are we still going to Benjamin's party together tomorrow?
R: Of course
D: Okay, I'll pick you up at 6.
R: Thanks, bye.
D: Bye.

Darren says I should wait for Shawn to tell me, and I'll wait. I cant believe Shawn has been lying and keeping secrets from me. I always knew that was something more to Shawn and Darren's relationship but I didn't think it'd be such a big deal. I just wish Shawn would reply to me and tell me the truth.