6 - Jealousy

Riley

As Shawn drove us to the neighbourhood's park, I noticed Shawn being quiet and looking away the whole time. No matter how hard I try to include him in the conversation that we're having, he always gives 1 liners and its really frustrating me. Darren has been so nice and I'm just trying to keep a promise. Yes I know I forgot to tell Shawn that I was going to give Darren a tour but I didn't think it'd be such a big deal.

After talking and getting to know Darren a little bit more, we decided to go to a frozen yogurt shop. I noticed Shawn looking a little pale and so I whispered "Are you okay?" He shakes his head and says "Guys, I'm feeling a little light-headed so I think I'm gonna head home. You guys enjoy." Darren grins and I ask "Are you gonna be okay?" "I'll be fine." Shawn says and walks away.

I wish I knew what was going on with Shawn but I didn't want to leave Darren alone especially since he's new to the neighbourhood. I told myself to text Shawn as soon as I got home to check up with him but for now I will focus on Darren.

As we ate our yogurts and talk about our pasts, I told him how Shawn and I became close in freshman of high school after we both realised we had a lot of the classes together. He told me how he was from Canada and moved to California and now he's here in New York. He said that he's been moving because of his dad's company and he loves how he gets to experience so many things. I told him how I've never been out of New York and he says I've been missing out. We laughed a lot during our conversations but it was time to go home for dinner. We walked home together, and Darren thanks me.

Darren says "Thanks for today, i really had a blasts, hope Shawn gets better." I reply "Yeah no problem today was really fun." He then hugs me and I felt my stomach drop, I wasn't expecting it but it felt good. I blush and say "Goodnight, see you tomorrow." "Night beautiful."

I felt a smile plastered on my face but I couldn't help it, Darren was so sweet and such a gentleman. He offered to pay for my yoghurt even though i insisted and he also made sure i was inside before taking off. I was snapped out of my thoughts when i remembered to text shawn.

R: Hey, are you okay?
S: Yeah I'm feeling better now.
S: How was your day?
R: Good but would've been better with you :)
S: Awe I'm sorry
R: It's okay, get well soon yeah
R: See ya tomorrow
S: See you

I'm glad Shawn is okay but I hope he means what he says. We've been best friends for 2 years now, and I should believe what he says....

Authors note!

I'm so sorry if this story has been shitty up till now I honestly don't know if y'all like it or nah but I hope u continue reading bc it's gonna get better I promise !!!

If you're smiling then I think you should vote, it'll put a smile on my face too :)