Hayden's p.o.v: chapter 11

Hayden:

I was honest about the hating human things but sitting around and watching movies as a family is what I missed the most. Mom and Sarah didnt come often and I haven't seen Carter in a few years. I was thinking about going home with mom to have family time but if I did that then it would mean faking more time with Jade and that would be difficult. She's the first human that I cant leave bruised and bleeding to death. None of it was making since.

The movie ends and mom decides on digging for more things to know about Jade.

"So do your parents live around here?"
I watched Jades eyes go down. "No. They died about four months ago." she said trying not to cry. I could tell it was upsetting her and apparently mom noticed to because she didnt ask anymore.
"Mom I want ice cream."
"Hayden do you want to go get some ice cream?" mom asks me.
"C'mon babe lets go get some ice cream." I look at Jade. Jade follows me upstairs and we both change into nice clothes to go get ice cream.

I listened to Jades rights which made me smile.

I dont understand him. One minute he hates me and the next it doesn't bother him to fake his love for me.

She shakes her head at her thoughts and we both walk to my truck. "We will just go to Kroger and get a gallon of ice cream." I tell her and  start the truck.
"Yes sir." she said.
"Dont call me that." I say. I was angry.
"What?? I thought...whatever okay." she said frustrated.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Stop laughing at me." she says.

We pull up to Kroger and walk to the freezer section.
"Cookies and cream! " she says excitedly. I looked at her funny and she gave me a puppy dog face.
"Please!" Sarah loved cookies and cream but I liked chickate so I always get chocolate.

I sigh and grab cookies and cream and the chocolate ice cream. We walk to the cash register and then walk to the car. Once we get back to the car Jade puts the ice cream in the back seat and then we get in.
"I miss doing this stuff with my parents." she says.
"Yeah well my parents were never actually together. They have been separated for a while now. He was always cheating on mom and treating her bad so I told her to leave him. He moved off and Jayden went with him."

She smiled softly and then sighed. "I wish you were like this all the time Hayden." she said honestly.
I stayed quiet. I didnt want to respond. Im a forever closed book. Im not opening to anyone.

We get home and we walk in. Sarah runs to Jade smiling. "Yay ice cream!!" she screams.Jade walks to the kitchen and fixes a few bowls.
"I found another movie we can watch." mom says. We all settle down and eat our ice cream.

When we finish mom takes our bowls and Jade lays her head on my chest and wraps an arm around me. I liked the feeling. She wasn't like the other humans Jayden showed me. Jayden is the one that makes me hate humans. He showed me a bunch of them and they were all terrible.