CHAPTER 2: THE NEW TRANSFER STUDENT

Sakura:

The weekend flew by pretty quickly. Today's the day I start going to school. I put the uniform with a different feeling, nervousness. I'm actually nervous about today, what if I actually forget what to say? What if I end up blurting out the truth? All these questions are in my head and I'm on the verge of tears. I can't do it... Then I remember the pendant. I pick it up from the bedside table and open it to see the family picture. Not just me and father, but mother and brother was there as well. It was the last picture we had taken 6 years ago...

'I guess father would see this picture to keep going.' I smile a bit and close it before putting in my pocket. I shouldn't be a coward early in the morning, I'll act perfectly that no one will suspect me. I pack the lunchbox into my messenger bag and hang it on my shoulders before putting on my school shoes. "I'm off!" I say to the big house before heading off. Instead of doubting myself, I should be looking forward for today! I wonder how a class full of students look like? I want to get along with everyone even though I'm in my disguise. Slowly, my nervousness is being replaced with the excitement I had on Friday.

As I calculated, I reached the school campus in 40 minutes. It takes 10 minutes to walk up the mountain so I can take my time since I'm early. "Hime!" I heard a voice call out my fake name, I turn to the owner of the voice. It's just Gakushuu, I sigh and give him a small smile as he walks towards me. "Good morning, Asano-kun." I greet him with the same smile on my face. "You look so happy for your first day. Is school really that exciting for you?" He asks with a smirk plastered on his face. I just nod with a bigger smile, "Yeah! I'm looking forward to learn with my classmates."

He lets out a laugh, was it something I said? "You're really interesting! I wonder how long that spirit of yours will last when you spend your days with that class!" That was a bit too cold to say. I feel some fingers cup my chin and lift my face up a bit, making me look into Gakushuu's purple eyes. There was a dominant glint in that pair, "Don't worry. If you can't handle another day with those scums, I'll happily get you out of there and welcome you to A class."

'How dare he speaks to me like that! Who does he think he is, talking to the princess in a rude manner?!' is what you'd think would appear in my mind, right? Well, even if I did approach him as the princess, that would be the last thought I would have. I'm just a normal girl, but I still have a bit of pride in me. All that pride I have is flashed through my smirk, I'm not going to lose to him.

"I'll survive a whole year with the E class, whether you like it or not." I move his hand away from my face and turn towards the mountain. "I'm sorry, but me crying into your arms will be an impossible dream." I start walking to the mountain leaving the boy at the big lot. He probably must be both speechless and agitated in response to my words. 'Well, I can be a little snobby sometimes...' I'm not sure if I can call such acts as being a snob or not since its rare that do such a thing. It only happens when people underestimates me and thinks highly of themselves. But I should be aware that I don't do that when I'm Hime. Hime is a shy and nervous girl, such a act like that would ruin the whole aspect of my character.

I walk up the mountain stairs and look at the satellite campus with a small smile. My excitement is growing by the second. "So you must be Mizuno Hime, correct?" I hear a voice and look around till my eyes land on the yellow octopus next to me. Let's see how good of an actress I really am... "Y-Yes, I am!" I stutter a bit and quickly look at the ground, making sure to blush a bit out of nervousness. "There's no need to be shy, Mizuno-san. I'm the 20-mach creature who blew the moon into a crescent! I'm also your homeroom teacher. Nurfufufufu~" When I look up at the creature's face, I see green stripes on it. The skin color changes in respect to his feelings, I wonder what the green stripe skin means...

"'K-Koro sensei,' right? Mr. Karasuma t-t-told me about the assassination." I stutter again, "Well, lets make you feel calm before we head in." He shoves a brown paper bag onto my mouth which gave me a shock. I push away the bag and back away from the octopus by a meter. "I'm fine!" I say in a flustered tone. "Doesn't sound like it." That's because your sudden action gave me a shock! "You damn octopus! Leave the kid alone." Thank goodness, Mr. Karasuma jumped in to the rescue. "We'll be late if we don't head in now."