CHAPTER 7: TROUBLE OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM, FIELD TRIP DAYTIME

Sakura:

It had been a week since our midterms. Yumiko tries to visit me at least three times a week to check on my progress. Apparently, the castle is a little hectic because father is meeting with the king of Korea to make an alliance. Normally, I would be present to learn and meet the princes/princesses they'd bring along. But, since my life is on the line...

Yumiko is sitting in the living room right now as I prepare some tea for her. She's been working really hard since she's the head maid of the castle. I set the tray with the tea set down on the coffee table and pour a cup to Yumiko. "Here, please enjoy." I offer the cup with a smile on my face.

"Thank you, Sakura. I feel a little bad that you had to serve me tea when its the other way around..." I let out a little laugh as she accepts the cup. "I'm not the princess anymore, Yumiko-san. I'm 'Hime' now, and I have to handle a different set of challenges." I pour myself a cup and take a seat on the sofa beside Yumiko. "So how's father doing lately?"

A worried smile is plastered on her face when I ask her this question. "He's alright, but his highness worries about you now and then." I feel the same way. I also worry about father since we're miles apart. Our only way of contacting is through Yumiko. I hope he's alright... "Also, I mentioned you taking the second ranking to the king and he was quite proud."

"The tests were really easy to be honest. And I lost a point in Math..." I let out a nervous laugh, it really wasn't much of a challenge. "Well he wanted to congratulate you for your results. And for that, I have a little present from your father..." Present? Yumiko puts down her empty cup and walks behind the sofa to pick up something on the floor.

"Your father knew you'd like to play sometime, so he wanted me to give you this." She reveals the violin case in her hands with a smile. But it wasn't just any violin case, I recognized the flower initials stuck on the corner. "Mother's violin?" I haven't seen it in ages! I really loved it when mother played the violin to us, it was so wonderful.

"The queen entrusted her violin to the king at the time. But she asked him to give it to you when the time is right, I think the time is now." I open the case and I see that the violin is still in good conditions. I always wanted to touch the violin when I was a kid, but mother would always scold me because I might break it. She did promise that once I grow up, it'll be mine to keep. To think I get to have it now...

"I'm so happy! Tell father I said thank you." I take the instrument out of the case and hug it gently. Mother's possession, I feel like she's with me right now. I feel like playing it right now, its been long since I've finished my violin classes. I place the side of my face on the bottom of the violin and hold the bow on my left hand in place.

Taking a deep breath, I think of the song mother would always play and move my bow to create the exact same song. its sounds a little sad, but it would calm me and brother down. Seeing mother's smile in content as she plays, I instantly fell in love with the sounds of violin. I wanted to play as well as mother. I miss her playing the violin, I miss mother so much...

By the time I was done, I didn't the tears welling up in my eyes. "Beautiful, just like the queen." It wasn't like mother's playing, it just wasn't the same as mine. "I don't think I'm in the same level as my mother, Yumiko-san." I nervously smile at the woman as I keep the violin back in its case. To have it is one of my wishes come true, I'll always take good care of it.

Normal:

Karma watches the sad look in Sakura's eyes when she keeps the violin back in the case, though she hides it well from his aunt. 'Even aunt Yumiko...' He thought before walking away. Karma got a whole Key lime pie from one of the neighbors and decided to share it with Sakura, that was the reason he was at her residence. He spotted the black car parked outside, so he knew his aunt was there as well.