CHAPTER 23: THE UNVEILING OF THE FINAL BOSS, XX TIME

Normal:

The boss is the only one inside the room, in his big chair with his eyes on the screen: displaying the views from the security cameras around the hotel where the sick students were resting.

"I can only see a few of the students from this angle. Gotta love the face of a junior high student in pain..."

Laughing darkly, he scratches his face.

"Once I get that ten billion yen, I might just buy a bunch of them and force-feed them the virus every day."

At the concert hall, the rest of the class along with their teachers hide with the last assassin on the center of the stage. The clacking of his shoes against the metal floor stops, with the students unease.

'Fifteen--no, sixteen of them. Judging by their breathing, they're young, most in their mid-teens. Who'da thunk it? Everyone who could still move actually made it here.'

The sound of the released bullet echoed through the big hall, to which some students reacted with a slight jolt.

"Just so you know, this hall is completely soundproof. I'll have shot you all dead before anyone comes to save you." Twirling his gun in his hand, he continues.

"You know you're not prepared to kill anyone! Now come out like good little children and bow before the boss--"

A bullet missed his gun by a centimeter, but it startled the man a little.

Hayami was the one who shot. 'Missed! And I was aiming for the gun!' She cursed herself as she hides back.

'Live ammo? And from the sounds of it... Did they take our goons Model 60s?!' Through it was shocking, it didn't dampen the gunman's spirits. 'Junior-high students trained for assassination. Excellent....'

The stage is suddenly surrounded by bright lights, it was nearly blinding the students. "Finally, a job that I can sink my teeth into!" He laughs with excitement. 'So bright!'

'Can't see the stage with that backlight!'

"Feelin' fine again today, with my tasty, tasty gun!" He shoots at Hayami but missed. It startled her, her heart rate increased in slight shock. 'H-He fired throught that tiny gap?'

"I never forget the position of an enemy once they've fired. Used to be an army man. All that experience taught me how to pinpoint my enemy's location and the sensation of checking my guns by taste."

Saliva coats the barrel of the assassin's gun, some trailing out of his mouth. "Now, then... there should be one more stolen gun out there."

"Hayami-san! Remain standing by!" A voice suddenly spoke, confusing both the assassin and the mentioned latter. "You were wise not to fire just now, Chiba-kun! The enemy still doesn't know where you are! I'll keep an eye on him and tell you when, so hang tight till it's go time!"

'Where's that coming from?' Searching around, his eyes land on the crystal ball staring back in the front row. A few moments of silence once it was spotted.

"Hey! Quit starin' at me from the front row!" Sounds of numerous bullets echoed into the hall, clearly the gunman was shooting at the invincible ball. Koro sensei laughed at his futile attempts to make a scratch. Mr. Karasuma is hiding behind the seat where the ball's at.

"An expert gunman versus junior-high students? This much of a sight advantage should be all right. Okay, Kimura-kun, run five seats eft!"

On cue, Kimura dashed to the instructed direction. "Terasaka-kun and Yoshida-kun, move three seats to either sides! We've made a blind spot!"