CHAPTER 8: GOSSIP, FUN AND ONE ANNOYING TARGET. FIELD TRIP NIGHTTIME

Karma:

After saving the girls who were abducted, we went back to the inn since the sun was setting. As I change into the supplied Yukata, my mind is occupied. I think about the time I wasn't in control with my emotions and hug Sakura. I felt guilt alright, I swore to protect her from any evil and yet I let her down today.

Even after the experience Sakura went through, she was in check with her feelings. No, I made herself in check with her emotions. I felt her tremble, she was scared and I knew it, but she pushed herself away from me and assured me with a smiled. "W-Why are you apologizing, Karma-kun? You along with the others came to our rescue!"

It's not the first time I've seen her hide her true feelings. The last time aunt Yumiko visited the princess, she hid her sadness from her as well. Not even the people who she truely cares for, knows how she feels. Thinking about these scenes I've witnessed, these questions came to my mind.

Why doesn't she show her weak side to anyone, including those closest to her? What was she afraid of? What made her this way? Is it because of the deaths of the queen and prince of Japan? It must be after their assassination that Sakura shuts in her negative feelings.

It's not like she's gonna tell me her story any time soon. It's just two months since she came to this class. But I just can't let it slip away from my mind. A person isn't that strong enough to cage up their true emotions forever. Sooner or later, she will snap, and the worst part... It could be anytime, maybe during school. Her identity will be revealed and the plan will be foiled.

I shouldn't think about this now. Not when I'm on a field trip now. I walk around the inn for a bit after changing into a yukata. Maybe I'll head to the lounge room and read something to clear my mind. With that I walk towards the room, only to bump into Sakura at the entrance. "S-Sorry." She looks down with a blush and stutter, acting as 'Hime.'

"It's okay." I notice the bandage on her cheek is gone. It looks perfectly fine now, "Hey, Hime-chan. I see your bruise is gone." I poke her left cheek before she backs away and covers it, her blush getting worse. "I-It wasn't serious or anything!" She stutters again and avoids looking at me. I can't forget it now, but the place where we're in is risky...

"Hime-chan, can we talk in private?" She looks at me quizically so I lean closer to ear. "i want to speak with 'Sakura.'" I whisper to clear her confusion. She froze for a second or two before I see her nod silently. I take her hand and guide her to the garden behind the building, no one will come here since it's night time so this is the best spot.

"Sakura-chan. Are you alright?" She looked at me in confusion again like she has no idea what I'm talking about. "After going through all that, you weren't shaken up a bit like Kanzaki-san." I see her loosen up a bit, its as if the matter wasn't that serious to her. "I'm alright, Karma-kun. This abduction was nothing compared to what I went through before."

She places a hand on her collarbone area, where her scar is. "And I just got a bruise on my cheek. What you got from them was worse than a punch. You didn't get hurt, did you?" She's worried about me? She looks down to avoid eye contact, but I can see a worried smile on her face.

"They just stomped on me. Those bastards only made my clothes dirty. But asking me if I'm alright, maybe you're getting a little soft on me?" I flash her a smirk as I get close to her face. Maybe I can tease her a little and see her flustered face. But she didn't turn to face me, her head is hung low as if she's deep in thought. No reply either, just silence.

"This is why I hate personal bodyguards." I hear her mumble out her thoughts and see her shed a tear, it rolled down her cheek before she wipes it away. Sakura hates bodyguards? "Why? Because they don't do a good job at protection?" I ask curiously. Maybe another reason could be that they don't know the meaning of 'privacy' since they follow you, where ever you go.